By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo have not made an operating profit overall this generation.

"My thread was made to inform people of something I thought they may not know, as I myself until this morning also did not know. I'd also like to know how I "Cherry Picked" my information.

The response has been absolutely appauling, I created a thread discussing the operating profits of Nintendo, posted facts about that, gave my opinion that it was likely the WiiU causing the operating loss for this generation and that the situation would improve next generation.

Then my thread also asked the question of what people believed the reason behind the operating loss to be incase they thought it was something else to me, to give their opinion, and by extension how they believe Nintendo should have, or will in the future have a much better operating income.

But people like yourself suddenly get extremely upset and claim discussing sales on a sales site is pointless and unnescessary.

The behaviour by some towards that thread has been pathetic, it was not an "anti-nintendo thread" not a "doom thread" not a thread comparing Nintendo to any other company and it was not made in response to any other news or current happenings.

Absolutely awful reaction."

Moderators you can lock this thread, as some people apparently can't have a reasonable discussion on what Nintendo may have done wrong or how they could improve, but instead feel victimised and persecuted.

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
KLAMarine said:

Safe assumption: R&D don't come free.

Right. Are there any official R&D numbers for Nintendo/other companies to compare this to?

I don't think so but I'm the wrong person to ask, I generally don't bother too much with finances.

Barkley said:
Ck1x said:

Once again, what is your concern with their profits and the generation of this console cycle isn't even over yet for Nintendo. So why discuss it at this point and time? 

If you did this at the very end of the WiiU and 3ds life cycle, then even that makes more sense. But the timing of this thread reeks of hey let's bring up B.S. for the sake of talking about it!

As ive said before this thread was created because earlier today I was looking through zhugeex's Twitter and saw the graph. I was surprised at the information shown their and by the things other people have said on this site previously i thought they as well would be surprised by these figures. That is why I created this thread.

So keep your BS opinions to yourself, and "what is your concern with their profits" dude we're on a sales site if you're not interested in profits you might be on the wrong site, but if you arent then kindly gtfo of this thread.

Your behaviour is pathetic. Not everything is an attack on your beloved company.

As the other thread going against your thread spells out that you intentionally cherry picked the information you wanted to present which isn't in all actuality true of the company's bottom line. But the real question is what is the purpose of bringing up their operating profits at this time? Besides information you found on Twitter... Anyway I'm done and actually feel like I'll never get back a single moment of my life I wasted in writing this. So I'll go back to playing video games and you do what you do best!

Ck1x said:
Barkley said:

As ive said before this thread was created because earlier today I was looking through zhugeex's Twitter and saw the graph. I was surprised at the information shown their and by the things other people have said on this site previously i thought they as well would be surprised by these figures. That is why I created this thread.

So keep your BS opinions to yourself, and "what is your concern with their profits" dude we're on a sales site if you're not interested in profits you might be on the wrong site, but if you arent then kindly gtfo of this thread.

Your behaviour is pathetic. Not everything is an attack on your beloved company.

As the other thread going against your thread spells out that you intentionally cherry picked the information you wanted to present which isn't in all actuality true of the company's bottom line. 

No it's not true of the bottom line, neither does it say that in this thread. Net Profit includes things such as the fluctuation in currency, property prices etc. Operating Profit is specifically the money earned from the sales of their products, thus how their products perform. As this is a games site I imagine people are more interested in how well nintendo's games are doing then how much their offices buildings are valued at.

But sure, go ahead and feel victimised, but you may want to see a therapist about a persecution complex.

memo to everyone: Don't talk bad about Nintendo on this site the they're going to get you!

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
naruball said:

Is it though? Or are you simply referring to something different?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-continues-to-sell-wii-u-hardware-at-a-loss/1100-6412671/

I'm not sure what you mean? That link pertains to a statement from 2013. The statement I'm talking about that has been misinterpreted by some people was from 2014, made by Iwata.

My bad. I thought you said that they never sold wiiu's at a loss.

naruball said:
Teeqoz said:

I'm not sure what you mean? That link pertains to a statement from 2013. The statement I'm talking about that has been misinterpreted by some people was from 2014, made by Iwata.

My bad. I thought you said that they never sold wiiu's at a loss.

Oh no, I was saying that they never stopped selling it at a loss

If a moderator could lock this thread and ban me it would be appreciated. Thank you to everyone having positive discussion in this thread, apologies for how it turned out.

Barkley said:
If a moderator could lock this thread and ban me it would be appreciated. Thank you to everyone having positive discussion in this thread, apologies for how it turned out.

Why would they ban you? Just focus on the positives, man.

naruball said:
Barkley said:

Why would they ban you? Just focus on the positives, man.

No not ban me for anything I've done. Just requesting a month ban. Need to get away for a while. Haven't had an anxiety attack in a while till today, might seem pathetic to some but yeah. xD