By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo have not made an operating profit overall this generation.

Teeqoz said:
Miyamotoo said:

Pls link for that Reggie statment.

That isn't really price cut, Wii U had price of $300-350 and they they just discounten Basic model and we have had Premium at price of $300, and ofical price is still $300. Definatly some part of cost of console were dont afte few years, not all of them offcourse.

http://www.siliconbeat.com/2012/11/16/12262/

That's the full interview, and if you scroll down to the bottom of the article, you'll se the update where they say that a Nintendo PR rep (sorty, it wasn't Reggie himself) later corrected them and that Reggie's original statement was actually inaccurate.

Tnx.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

Last five years are over. Wii U is over. 

Pokemon GO ended that era with a resounding thud. Nintendo's market cap will exceed the entire Sony corporation in a few days from the looks of it and their stock price is going right back to where it was in 2008/2009 at least.

A new era is beginning for Nintendo, one in which they likely will return to making very large profits thanks to mobile alone. If NX wants to chip in it's almost like an optional thing at this point.

Nintendo neither developed nor published Pokemon GO, however.  Let's see how their own games perform.  Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing are both due to launch under the Nintendo umbrella.  It's entirely possible that their stock price could fall after awhile.  Mobile development is like a rollercoaster and should only be a part of their plans.  

Barkley said:
Ck1x said:

Because unless you own stock in the company or plan on buying some soon, it's a pretty pointless discussion in the midst of newfound success. It's one thing to discuss these matters when they were in the midst of their struggles and looking for a new direction business wise. No one keeps harping on Sony's bad years even though they're not in the clear from the previous generation of losses...

It's cherry picking a topic in the midst of a companies transition, that's all! Now if you wanted to discuss this after the NX launches and whatever else Nintendo has planned, that makes sense, but it seems pretty pointless right now. Nintendo didn't go the way of Sega after the abysmal WiiU, so they plan to regroup and try it again, why can't that be enough for some people...

"it's a pretty pointless discussion in the midst of newfound success."

We are on a SALES website, that includes discussion of SALES and obviously the money generated by SAID SALES. This thread is to discuss the overall performance and operating profit of Nintendo this generation as it is soon coming to an end.

"It's one thing to discuss these matters when they were in the midst of their struggles"

Sorry but what??? So you can only talk about a company's financials when they are having hard times? And you're not allowed to discuss a company's overall performance during a generation?

"No one keeps harping on Sony's bad years" -  

This is discussing the CURRENT GENERATION.

"It's cherry picking a topic in the midst of a companies transition, that's all! Now if you wanted to discuss this after the NX launches and whatever else Nintendo has planned, that makes sense"

You literally just said "No one keeps harping on Sony's bad years" but now you want me to wait till the NX is around and then discuss Nintendo's "bad years" when they are succeeding with the NX.

Seriously stop, it's ridiculous to suggest that discussing a company's performance in the overall current generation is "IRRELEVANT" or "POINTLESS" they're turning a profit the last couple of years ? Well guess what, that's part of this generation so discuss that. Jesus...

I've not seen people behave so illogically because of brand loyalty. "SALES DISCUSSION IS POINTLESS" < You're ON VGCHARTZ

Whatever floats your boat and wakes you up in the morning dude! If you get off on trying to negate positive news with old negative news, knock yourself out buddy... lol

Sprash said:
some Nintendo fans are really obsessed with Sony according to some comments in this thread. We didn't even reached the second page before this thread turned from "Nintendo have not made an operating profit overall this generation" to "Sony vs Nintendo" to "Sony lost more money" with a bit of "this thread is pointless"

Because is not that hard to understand salty Sony fans are always littered in Xbox and Nintendo threads shit posting! It's nothing new, we just wish that you guys would own up to it as that and stop hiding under stealth concerns for Nintendo's well being...

There's an agenda that you guys constantly push about a suffering Nintendo should go 3rd party so you can play their kiddie outdated games on your hardware of choice, but positive Pokémon GO news doesn't suit your agenda so you discuss past things that they can no longer change today. What's the next thread going to be, how horrible the GameCube and N64 sold and did Nintendo really profit anything during that era? Lol

Barkley said:
Sprash said:
some Nintendo fans are really obsessed with Sony according to some comments in this thread. We didn't even reached the second page before this thread turned from "Nintendo have not made an operating profit overall this generation" to "Sony vs Nintendo" to "Sony lost more money" with a bit of "this thread is pointless"

Yeah I don't get it, saying things like "but they're making money now so thread is pointless" when the figures of them making money are literally in the OP. Those figures are their to be discussed too. Or that discussing a console generation is "cherry picking"... the entire industry so far has been defined by generations as set periods of time for products... I don't even...

Shit be CRAZY in this shiz niz.

Once again, what is your concern with their profits and the generation of this console cycle isn't even over yet for Nintendo. So why discuss it at this point and time? 

If you did this at the very end of the WiiU and 3ds life cycle, then even that makes more sense. But the timing of this thread reeks of hey let's bring up B.S. for the sake of talking about it!

Around the Network
Ck1x said:
Sprash said:

Because is not that hard to understand salty Sony fans are always littered in Xbox and Nintendo threads shit posting! It's nothing new, we just wish that you guys would own up to it as that and stop hiding under stealth concerns for Nintendo's well being...

There's an agenda that you guys constantly push about a suffering Nintendo should go 3rd party so you can play their kiddie outdated games on your hardware of choice, but positive Pokémon GO news doesn't suit your agenda so you discuss past things that they can no longer change today. What's the next thread going to be, how horrible the GameCube and N64 sold and did Nintendo really profit anything during that era? Lol

We? Speak for yourself there, bud.

As for Nintendo struggling: good! I like Nintendo better when they're struggling, forces them to get creative.

Ck1x said:
Barkley said:

Yeah I don't get it, saying things like "but they're making money now so thread is pointless" when the figures of them making money are literally in the OP. Those figures are their to be discussed too. Or that discussing a console generation is "cherry picking"... the entire industry so far has been defined by generations as set periods of time for products... I don't even...

Shit be CRAZY in this shiz niz.

Once again, what is your concern with their profits and the generation of this console cycle isn't even over yet for Nintendo. So why discuss it at this point and time? 

If you did this at the very end of the WiiU and 3ds life cycle, then even that makes more sense. But the timing of this thread reeks of hey let's bring up B.S. for the sake of talking about it!

As ive said before this thread was created because earlier today I was looking through zhugeex's Twitter and saw the graph. I was surprised at the information shown their and by the things other people have said on this site previously i thought they as well would be surprised by these figures. That is why I created this thread.

So keep your BS opinions to yourself, and "what is your concern with their profits" dude we're on a sales site if you're not interested in profits you might be on the wrong site, but if you arent then kindly gtfo of this thread.

Your behaviour is pathetic. Not everything is an attack on your beloved company.

MohammadBadir said:
I'm willing to assume that the recent profits were small due to NX R&D, that's a safe assumption, right?

Safe assumption: R&D don't come free.

KLAMarine said:
MohammadBadir said:
I'm willing to assume that the recent profits were small due to NX R&D, that's a safe assumption, right?

Safe assumption: R&D don't come free.

Right. Are there any official R&D numbers for Nintendo/other companies to compare this to?

KLAMarine said:
Ck1x said:

We? Speak for yourself there, bud.

As for Nintendo struggling: good! I like Nintendo better when they're struggling, forces them to get creative.

I am speaking for myself but there are many people here who are tired of seeing the same people in threads with topics that don't appeal to their biased agenda... It's tiresome to see constantly and makes you wonder if people actually have jobs with how much they discuss things that they don't like.