By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Windows 10 for Business to Introduce Subscription Fee

This made think of a story about salesman who gave everyone in the village free lamps with a bit of oil, after they ran out of oil, he charged them for more of the oil.

I think it's too risky for ms to actually do. I'll just take it as rumor.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
This made think of a story about salesman who gave everyone in the village free lamps with a bit of oil, after they ran out of oil, he charged them for more of the oil.

I think it's too risky for ms to actually do. I'll just take it as rumor.

They should have just picked up some piles of grass to find magic meter refill power ups!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I can already imagine businesses trying to figure or wanting to support a new alternative, I mean paying just to use an OS sounds insane both for a business who seeks to make profit, not drawbacks and consumers who have simply paid once and used the OS for as long as they wish.

I had a feeling they would do this in the end though, an OS that consumers can use and another that gets charged like a service, though now it seems it's the same OS.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

If it goes to all people that got it im bouncing to Windows 7 real quick. Or might get a Mac.

Almost made it. The notifications have stopped!!! However the icon is still in the task bar and theres still that 7.2GB $WINDOWS.~BT directory.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:

Almost made it. The notifications have stopped!!! However the icon is still in the task bar and theres still that 7.2GB $WINDOWS.~BT directory.

http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/

Great tool to get rid of that and regain your space for your C drive.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I hope they do it, and that it would spark a revolution and all gamers would chose Steam OS or possibly Linus instead.

barneystinson69 said:

Saw the article this morning. Clickbait (its for business only).

FIgured as much. People always love to depict MS as the boogeyman of technology (must've been playing too much Fallout because I am starting to think they are the Institute of computers)... 

barneystinson69 said:

Saw the article this morning. Clickbait (its for business only).

It's not a problem for consumers, at least yet, but it's a strong indicator that Microsoft is seriously looking into the possibility of Windows being a service instead of a product. I guarantee you that if Microsoft thinks it makes sense for Windows to be a service for consumers too, the change will happen. We're not there yet and hopefully we'll never be, but I find this a strong indicator that we must be wary.

Zkuq said:

It's not a problem for consumers, at least yet, but it's a strong indicator that Microsoft is seriously looking into the possibility of Windows being a service instead of a product. I guarantee you that if Microsoft thinks it makes sense for Windows to be a service for consumers too, the change will happen. We're not there yet and hopefully we'll never be, but I find this a strong indicator that we must be wary.

They also saw what happened with GFWL, they did away with it but never once stated that they would scrap that concept forever and never do something like it again and yet here we are with the whole DX 12, Win 10 only games and melding Xbox with PC like it's 2008. MS have their visions, when people shout they will back down at first but like a vulture they will circle until the time is right and land to carry on what they intended to do from the start.

I can easily see them charging consumers for the OS and eventually for online usage of certain software and games, it's worked so well with their console oevr the eyars and since it works with one of their competitors then to them it makes sense to eventually reach that desired point where everything they give out is branded a "service" and nothing is owned or paid for once and never again. See to any busines, the thought of you having to pay to keep accessing something is a goldmine to them because for one you don't own what you have to keep paying just to access and see, for another you have to keep coming back in order to keep that level of investment going and of course for them that makes them more money in the longrun.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"