By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Windows 10 for Business to Introduce Subscription Fee

barneystinson69 said:

Saw the article this morning. Clickbait (its for business only).

All of my words.... do you know how many business's use Windows PCs? And there is no real way of using Win10 Home edition in a business either since you would lose out on all the domain features, would just have to cough up I guess.

I definitely would not call Microsoft making this rather brave move clickbait, sure it doesn't effect home users now, but still that is a huge amount of $ which Microsoft is going to bank from this.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

If I ran a business, I would switch to Linux fast as fuuuuuck lol.

enterprise was never advertised or offered as free. OS for business has never been handled in the same way as for home. In fact they made this quite clear over a year ago and frankly they do this because the per user is preferable for businesses.
http://www.computerworld.com/article/2867542/microsoft-touts-7-per-user-monthly-pricing-for-windows-subscriptions.html

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

barneystinson69 said:

It pertains to Azure. Azure IS xboxlive.

While it's currently only for business, this could easily develop into windows users paying for live.

Ganoncrotch said:
barneystinson69 said:

All of my words.... do you know how many business's use Windows PCs? And there is no real way of using Win10 Home edition in a business either since you would lose out on all the domain features, would just have to cough up I guess.

I definitely would not call Microsoft making this rather brave move clickbait, sure it doesn't effect home users now, but still that is a huge amount of $ which Microsoft is going to bank from this.

http://www.computerworld.com/article/2867542/microsoft-touts-7-per-user-monthly-pricing-for-windows-subscriptions.html

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

"Could Microsoft eventually introduce Windows 10 monthly subscriptions for consumers?" Sure they could but it certainly wouldn't happen to the people that already upgraded... Microsoft isn't stupid... That is the fastest way to lose customers and get tons of lawsuits. They want people to come to Windows 10 due to Windows Store and ad stuff, not cause of a subscription service...

What MS will probably do is have a subscription based model for the users who don't upgrade. And enterprise models never reflect consumer pricing so just cause its $7 per month for enterprise will not mean its $7 per month for consumers.

They will essentially have two options imo, subscription or buy out right. Office has this since you can either get Office 365 which is a subscription based or Office Pro Plus which is buy once and you have it for life. They have this for Skype for Business as well... You can either pay monthly per user or buy their Server Edition.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Gamers are apartially to blame for letting this happen by accepting subscriptions from MS and Sony, seriously people did you think this would ever end, we let this happen, we made excuses for it and paid for it, what a bunch of dumb a$$es we are

If you don't like Windows 10 Microsoft already has an option which is called Windows 7.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

I just wish gaming on Linux would bloody pick up already. It's the only thing keeping me on Windows. I'd switch to Linux Mint tomorrow if I could take my games with me.

Also, I bet Linux for businesses is going to increase in demand quite a bit.

I was able to successfully cover my asshole as MS attempted, on a weekly basis, to shove Windows 10 directly inside of it. Not every user was so lucky. Not every business was so lucky. The utterly disgusting tactics they used during the year 1 Win 10 rollout are emblematic of the company as a whole, and the real reason why I stopped supporting them 12 years ago. As I've said, this isn't about some teen-level fanboy nonsense. MS just sucks, and I ******* loath them. The XBO is fine. Their games are fine. The company behind them is shit on a stick.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."