By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June 2016 NPD Results

SWORDF1SH said:
Tmfwang said:

No mans sky in August tho

No Mans Sky isn't wont be a great system seller. It might help shift a few extra thousand consoles but nothing special. PS4 could win August though because Slim preorders wont count until September but XB1 will likely take July and September (if Sony dont announce slim/Neo or price cut which I suspect they will soon).

Oh my bad,  thought the slim was out in August.  Well what I said about August applies to September then. 

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
SWORDF1SH said:

No I mean July because of the insane fire sales going on. 

Almost no chance.

June was way more insane in term of promotion, and it still sold less than PS4.

July is gonna be a big PS4 wins.

Are you sure? Have you seen the Amazon ranks? At one point there were 8 XB1 bundles in the top 100 and 3 or 4 XB1 bundles above PS4.

SWORDF1SH said:

Are you sure? Have you seen the Amazon ranks? At one point there were 8 XB1 bundles in the top 100 and 3 or 4 XB1 bundles above PS4.

Amazon doesn't hold a huge percentage of the marketshare and the Prime deals were exclusive to Amazon. Unless similar deals were made from larger retailers, Amazon isn't a reliable predictor for July.

Of course, this is all guesswork on my part.

Ryng_Tolu said:
SWORDF1SH said:

No I mean July because of the insane fire sales going on. 

Almost no chance.

i think you are missing some points
1. the ps4 was probably stonger in june compared to july because of some uncharted 4 legs.
2. july is just a 4 weeks tracking peroid compared to 5 in june. so a huge day like primeday has a bigger impact on the overall sales
3. june deals for xbox one were great, but the insane deals were in july.

here is the press release for primeday 2016
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=176060&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2185161

and the xbox one bundles were one of the highligh deals with big showings on the top frontpage

SWORDF1SH said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Almost no chance.

This happen lot of times, many times XBO got insane Amazon promotion, and XBO never won for those Amazon deals. Is happen only one time in April 2015 but was not because Amazon, was because Gamestop promotion of buy an XBO for $125/175.

jungemann said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Almost no chance.

1. the ps4 was probably stonger in june compared to july because of some uncharted 4 legs.
2. july is just a 4 weeks tracking peroid compared to 5 in june. so a huge day like primeday has a bigger impact on the overall sales

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=176060&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2185161

and the xbox one bundles were one of the highligh deals with big showings on the top frontpage

Indeed PS4 in July will sell less than in June. So will XBO though.

Nope, June was definitively bigger for XBO in term of deals / promotion , AND we even talk about not one, but TWO official pricedrop, one at the start of June too.

With XBO S release in August too, XBO will have a big drop in July, almost surely bigger than PS4.

Around the Network

Amazon ranks dont measure sales directly and can be incredibly misleading.

"Amazon remains only a small part of the video game market"

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/07/no-red-dead-redemption-sales-probably-arent-up-6000/

So how much is an X1 going for in the US these days?

Lawlight said:
So how much is an X1 going for in the US these days?

$279 500GB
$279 Kinect bunde
$299 1TB
$349 Elite

There are plenty of game pack ins and gift card deals with them though.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

jungemann said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Almost no chance.

3 years into the console war, with a clear winner in the ps4. Xbots still think Xbox1 has a chance... /facepalm. 

Even if let's say miraculously Xbox1 wins. It is just NPD and for 1 month. We all know PS4 dominates globally. 

Drakrami said:
jungemann said:

3 years into the console war, with a clear winner in the ps4. Xbots still think Xbox1 has a chance... /facepalm. 

Even if let's say miraculously Xbox1 wins. It is just NPD and for 1 month. We all know PS4 dominates globally. 

I think that everyone knows that PS4 has this gen. Some people like to predict things like what platform will win a npd, for what reasons and by how much. There's no harm in people having a bit of fun. A bit of advice, I recommend not using words like "Xbots" in this forum.