By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June 2016 NPD Results

Intrinsic said:
m_csquare said:
Even after some amazing titles, ps4 sale still is getting the same number. That's quite worrisome. Is there a comparison chart with prev gen?

Ok I'll bite.

Has it occured to you that that "same number" PS4 gets remains the same due to the amazing titles you speak of? And that it would be significantly less if it didn't have said amazing titles at all?

Has it also occurred to you that unlike the XB1, there are practically no deals ever on for the PS4? Or that the PS4 still cost $350 (only $50 less than what it launched at) almost 3yrs from its launch?

If you think it currently being almost $80 more expensive than its closest rival or for the most part of the year selling more than 100k than said rival in NA and completely decimating it everywhere else is troubling then I don't know what to say to you.

Now imagine how it's sales would have been if it cost $269 or even $250......

Whats up with the passive aggressive comment? How am i supposed to knw if those numbers are good or bad? That's why I asked if there's a comparison chart with prev gen. With 3 years worth of library, i'd expect at least there's a change on the sale number (at least positively). I'm kinda new to this whole sale number discussion, so if this has always been the same case to other consoles, then forgive my ignorance

Around the Network
m_csquare said:
Intrinsic said:

Ok I'll bite.

Has it occured to you that that "same number" PS4 gets remains the same due to the amazing titles you speak of? And that it would be significantly less if it didn't have said amazing titles at all?

Has it also occurred to you that unlike the XB1, there are practically no deals ever on for the PS4? Or that the PS4 still cost $350 (only $50 less than what it launched at) almost 3yrs from its launch?

If you think it currently being almost $80 more expensive than its closest rival or for the most part of the year selling more than 100k than said rival in NA and completely decimating it everywhere else is troubling then I don't know what to say to you.

Now imagine how it's sales would have been if it cost $269 or even $250......

Whats up with the passive aggressive comment? How am i supposed to knw if those numbers are good or bad? That's why I asked if there's a comparison chart with prev gen. With 3 years worth of library, i'd expect at least there's a change on the sale number (at least positively). I'm kinda new to this whole sale number discussion, so if this has always been the same case to other consoles, then forgive my ignorance

The PS4 has performed better than it had in every previous year since launch. And it's projected to sell 20M consoles this year, to the 18M it sold last year to whatever to sold the year before that (can't remember).

So yes there has been a steady rise in the annual sale numbers. And yes the numbers are good, could be better if compared to 2014 but it's not that simple cause what game is released when or price drop or deals all affect YOY monthly comparisons.  Better to look at YOY 6 month or annual comparisons for the full picture. 

Another great win for the ps4 despite no special promotions. The next few months may be different though.

Kerotan said:
Another great win for the ps4 despite no special promotions. The next few months may be different though.

Why?

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Tmfwang said:
Kerotan said:

Why?

Well this month there's been some insane xbox promotions.  They seem to be clear stock with a firesale in preparation for the slim next month.  So that should give them a chance for July.  

And then the slim in August should give them the win.  

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Tmfwang said:

Why?

Well this month there's been some insane xbox promotions.  They seem to be clear stock with a firesale in preparation for the slim next month.  So that should give them a chance for July.  

No mans sky in August tho

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Tmfwang said:
Kerotan said:

No Mans Sky isn't wont be a great system seller. It might help shift a few extra thousand consoles but nothing special. PS4 could win August though because Slim preorders wont count until September but XB1 will likely take July and September (if Sony dont announce slim/Neo or price cut which I suspect they will soon).

SWORDF1SH said:
Tmfwang said:

No Mans Sky isn't wont be a great system seller. It might help shift a few extra thousand consoles but nothing special. PS4 could win August though because Slim preorders wont count until September but XB1 will likely take July and September (if Sony dont announce slim/Neo or price cut which I suspect they will soon).

You mean August i think?

Ryng_Tolu said:
SWORDF1SH said:

You mean August i think?

No I mean July because of the insane fire sales going on. 

SWORDF1SH said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

You mean August i think?

No I mean July because of the insane fire sales going on. 

Almost no chance.

June was way more insane in term of promotion, and it still sold less than PS4.

July is gonna be a big PS4 wins.