By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June 2016 NPD Results

AlBunz said:
No surprise. PS4 will sell better for at least 11 months this year ...maybe all 12. It has July and Aug easily.

what?

Around the Network

I'm calling BS on Microsoft's 1.2 billion hours claim. That would mean each owner averaged 60 hours playing for the month - not buying it.

Shadow1980 said:

-mega snip-

You do some great charts but I fear many will skip them or only look at a few because it's a huge post. 

Shadow1980 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

You do some great charts but I fear many will skip them or only look at a few because it's a huge post. 

Well, my posts for March, June, September, and December NPDs tend to be longer than normal because I also do charts for quarterly data (and yearly, for Dec.).

Should I split monthly, quarterly, etc., charts into separate posts?

I think that would be better. Not sure what other people think though. 

Shadow1980 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Well, my posts for March, June, September, and December NPDs tend to be longer than normal because I also do charts for quarterly data (and yearly, for Dec.).

Should I split monthly, quarterly, etc., charts into separate posts?

I looked at them all. But yeah, I agree with Swordfish that they're so good they deserve their own thread.

Thanks a lot for the interesting numbers Aqua, for the interesting insights ZhugeEX and for the interesting charts Shadow! You're all making analyses of the game industry much more exciting. I'd wish the 3 of you would make your own site (similar to VGC) now that ioi has abandoned chartz and now that Neogaf can't handle you.

Around the Network
Zombie9ers said:
I'm calling BS on Microsoft's 1.2 billion hours claim. That would mean each owner averaged 60 hours playing for the month - not buying it.

Averaging ~2 hours a day doesn't sound like a lot. Lots of multiplayer titles like Black Ops 3, Halo 5, Minecraft, GTAV, Overwatch, etc would eat up time.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Shadow1980 said:

Chartz time!

Quarter is nice, but can you do a Half for me? I always like to compare the YTD sales.

ZhugeEX said:

Exactly!!

pokoko said:
So, why did Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE bomb? No FE support on home consoles? The style was unappealing to the Nintendo home console fanbase? No advertising? Because the Wii U is already in a box in the storage room? I've been hearing about this game for a long time, though obviously VGC is a poor sample for real-world consumers.

A very niche and bizarre game with little marketing on a dead system. I don't know how anyone could have honestly expect anything different...

Even the result it had is higher than I'd have expected.