By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo reveals Mini NES. Coming this November.

This is definitely going on the wish list this year. I'm pretty sure the wife will get it for me.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

I have two NES consoles and a huge, huge amount of NES games (all the biggest ones) so for me, it's pointless but for my GF? Hell yeah! That NES controller will be awesome too because it'll finally allow me to beat the real SMB2 (Japanese version) on Wii that I downloaded years ago but had to abandon because playing NES games using anything but a real NES controller is pure ass.

Soundwave said:

Heard about this on the radio on my drive home again. Nintendo sure is getting back into the mainstream media attention. The media is already saying this will be one of the hottest holiday gifts this year. 

This is actually good news for the NX. Nintendo may have learned some lessons afterall.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

joesampson said:
sethnintendo said:

Must rebuy all consoles.  They will release one each holiday season.  Next year it will be the SNES.

I just wonder how much they are going to price it at first.

That is probably what they will do but I would rather buy a $60 internet connected mini console that plays NES, SNES, and N64 games, and separately buy the individual games I want on an online store. 

Also I hope they add more classic 3rd party games like TMNT II, Contra, etc.

You already have console like that and you can find it for $60, its call Wii.

Ruler said:
If it doesnt support cartridges i dont care, and i bet it will cost over a 100 buck. 

The Sega Mega Drive classics for example has 80 games and supports cartridges, all for 50-70€.

Price is $60.

Ninten78 said:
This will outsell the Wii U

I have to agree.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Because Nintendo can't be bothered to actually make new games for this holiday, they'll sell us old ones for the 100th time.

Well there will be Pokemon for 3DS and some other 3DS games, but yes, NX isn't coming this year no new games this holiday season, and they will sell millions of this Mini NES.

Oh that's really nice. Personally I'd buy a Mini Super NES if it includes Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy III

Around the Network

The more I think about this, the more I think this is a really great idea.

I mean, I wouldn't buy one myself, but at this price point, it's perfectly positioned as an impulse buy for nostalgic 80s kids, a Christmas gift for their own kids so they can "pass the torch" and share their childhood experiences with their own son/daughter, and a nifty little novelty item for collectors.

A disc or USB just wouldn't have the same appeal, as the physical hardware itself is an object of nostalgia, except now it's smaller and therefore more convenient and "cute". You can easily chuck in a backpack and take it to a friend's place for a birthday party or just a night of beers and gaming.

I expect this will do very well, and I hope it does, because I want Nintendo to do more outside-the-box stuff like this.

curl-6 said:

I mean, I wouldn't buy one myself, but at this price point, it's perfectly positioned as an impulse buy for nostalgic 80s kids, a Christmas gift for their own kids so they can "pass the torch" and share their childhood experiences with their own son/daughter, and a nifty little novelty item for collectors.

A disc or USB just wouldn't have the same appeal, as the physical hardware itself is an object of nostalgia, except now it's smaller and therefore more convenient and "cute". You can easily chuck in a backpack and take it to a friend's place for a birthday party or just a night of beers and gaming.

I expect this will do very well, and I hope it does, because I want Nintendo to do more outside-the-box stuff like this.

And because you want a mini snes! 

A mini GameCube in multiple colors would be just about the cutest thing.

Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:

I do hope they make one, but I'm fine with my still perfectly functioning SNES Fat from 1994. ;)

curl-6 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I do hope they make one, but I'm fine with my still perfectly functioning SNES Fat from 1994. ;)

Do you have a way to adapt it to modern tvs though?