By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo reveals Mini NES. Coming this November.

Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:

I do hope they make one, but I'm fine with my still perfectly functioning SNES Fat from 1994. ;)

Do you have a way to adapt it to modern tvs though?

My HDTV still has the red yellow and white AV plugs, I can plug it straight in.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Do you have a way to adapt it to modern tvs though?

Really? And there is no input lag or anything like that?

Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:

Really? And there is no input lag or anything like that?

There probably is, but its not enough to be really noticeable or ruin the gameplay.

I just use a USB SNES controller connected to my Android TV to emulate my SNES library in High-Def. My SNES console died though. :( Many of the games no longer save due to battery's being dead.

Bring in the Mini SNES! The NES is great, but my memory's lay with it's successor which still have games that look and play great even today.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Wow, unexpected, but very cool!

I think it's a good price, especially if you consider that on VC these games are €$5 a piece, and for some of these games getting the real thing is more expensive than getting this entire console! Hopefully in Europe it'll just be €60, like the American price, and won't be like €100 or something instead.

I'm getting this, even though I have a real NES and some of these games for real (and others that aren't on this). SNES mini next year!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
This is a great idea. Nintendo does best when they are honoring their glorious past instead of shoving it aside as if they were embarrassed by it.

The price is absolutely fantastic. It's insane value. Nintendo could have easily charged $99 for this.

They did in Australia. LOL

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Man, just looking at some of the games in that list stresses me out. They are tough as nails! And the NES wasn't the most capable console in its prime. I may get one for show but I wouldn't want to play it. Also emulation is a thing now...

What about a mini SNES, Nintendo? That would be much cooler!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

d21lewis said:
Man, just looking at some of the games in that list stresses me out. They are tough as nails! And the NES wasn't the most capable console in its prime. I may get one for show but I wouldn't want to play it. Also emulation is a thing now...

The game will have multiple suspend points versus just the one in Wii U so that can really takeaway the stress and make all of these pick up and play titles like Ghost and Goblins.

Miyamotoo said:
Ninten78 said:
This will outsell the Wii U

I have to agree.

Lifetime?