By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Biggest issue(s) with Microsoft for you

Subpar hardware (the original XBO is massive, it has an external power supply, it launched at a higher price AND it's less powerful.)

Non-interesting Franchises. (Gears, Forza, Halo.... they're so.... american?) They don't throw out new interesting and creative ideas like others, and the odd time that they DO make something new and different it's a low profile release and doesn't make an impact.

Blinx the Timesweeper? WHERE HE AT?!?!?

Around the Network

Windows 8, &10,
Internet Explorer,
Too many console bundles
Have not brought back The Star Wars Knight Of The Old Republic franchise, milk the crap out of other franchises
They are very sneaky with their wording in advertisements and press releases
I just have a general distrust of them over the sneaky stuff that they pull

-annoying windows 10 upgrade reminders

-no where near enough RPGs and Japanese games in their game library for me

-tendency for anti-consumer practices

Can't seem to keep a consistent message, too reactive, too eager for good press and soundbites over results, and will out and out resort to deceit. Examples...

- Claiming the Kinect was essential to Xbox One, Nope
- Claiming DRM was ingrained to the console. Also Nope
- Revising the Play Anywhere policy. Stick to your Win10 gaming promise, please
- More money than sense. Why in the world is Mojang and LinkedIn a good purchase? Some great first parties could use that scratch
- Where the hell is Flight Simulator?
- Too pushy with some ventures (Windows 10 adoption), curiously impatient with others (Lionhead, Nokia)

The issues aren't so deep where I don't buy their products, it's just business, and they have made good moves. It's trust issues they have to overcome. Personally, I want to know if they're committed to PC gamers like they say in the meantime.

I just don't like the company and the GWX (Get Windows 10) virus pissed me off even more at them (had to temp disable auto updates till hopefully after end of July when they end their free "upgrade" bullshit). I'm to the point where my next computer will probably run Linux. The Windows 10 UI looks like shit and I have no reason in the world to go to Windows 10 over 7. 

Have they advanced some things in console gaming? Perhaps but I have a big problem with paying to play online (plus I don't even really online game that much anymore). I don't give a damn how good their xbox live servers are. I simply just don't like Microsoft and I probably will only dislike them more in the future.

Around the Network

1) A disastrous launch with all that DRM nonsense

Was scrapped prior to launch.

2) Not following through on Kinect

Kinect works fine as a convenience feature and games regularly launch.  Airguitar makes great Kinect games with their latest launching last month.

3) Mismanaging Halo after Bungie left

The latest entry sold very well and millions regularly play on Live.

4) Mismanaging Rare/Rare's IPs

Rare Replay was a big hit and Sea of Thieves received positive press at this year's E3.

5) Closing Lionhead and robbing the world of Fable

Happens.

6) Lackluster first-party software in general

Taste is relative.

7) Buying timed exclus

Common industry practice.

First, two words: Aaron Greenberg. Back in the Xbox 360 launch, he was (and probably still is) this huge arrogant douche who couldn't shut his mouth. I couldn't stand him everytime he was interviewed.

Another thing I don't like from them was their Xbox One reveal. The thing that scared me the most was the DRM, and I believed that Sony was going to follow suit. The price was another thing.

And another thing that pisses me off from them is their ways of getting game exclusivity like it was buying a handful of gummy sharks at the candy shop. I really detest when they do that.

- Forcing Windows compatibility kind of makes redundant to have the console.

No one on Xbox is forced to use Windows.

- Terrible game library and lack of game variety.

Taste is relative and there's plenty of variety.

- Sony exists. And its better. So much better.

Driveclub, Street Fighter 5, and The Order 1886 exist and are not 'better' than compareable Xbox One titles.

The shit they tried to pull. Pretty much anything that isnt Windows is meh IMHO

They didn't buy Bioware when they had the chance