By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Biggest issue(s) with Microsoft for you

Where's the 'What's Wrong With Sony' thread?

Around the Network

Deleted. It's not worth it.

The PS5 Exists. 

Seventizz said:
Where's the 'What's Wrong With Sony' thread?

Right here:  http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=218474&page=1

@OP

My biggest issues are the lack of Japanese games on Xbox.  The large majority of games I'm interested in happen to be Japanese and if the large majority of them skip out on Xbox or can be found on other platforms, there really isn't much of a reason for me to buy an Xbox.  Also, they're the ones who started paid online for games, which I loathe.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

My biggest problem with MS is their constant desire to come into markets 3-4 years too late (sometimes even more), release a product that really brings nothing new, then advertise the shit out of it and/or buy exclusive rights to content, trying to conquer that market. The worst part is, the market leader was already established 2-3 years (sometimes more) prior to MS entering said market, with usually an already very strong 2nd alternative.

The 2nd problem is their anti-consumer policies. XBO's original policies are an obvious point. Though, before that you had the 360. MS knew the thing was EXTREMELY defective, yet pushed it out anyway in a rush to be first to market, causing the RROD epidemic and initial cover up, with MS consistently blaming the end user. They also cheaped out on their CD drives, even with the Slim 360s, causing scratched discs. Then, they started the whole norm of charging for internet play, but offered nothing in return. Though, thanks to PS Plus, they were forced into eventually offering GWG and discounts. And the last egregious move was to actually lock standard features behind the Gold paywall. Features that Sony and Nintendo offered free access to, including an internet browser and streaming apps like Netflix and Hulu.

All About windows 10... ALL...

In Sony We Trust!

Around the Network

The shitty way they handle their studios
Lack of new AAA IP
Forced Windows 10 update
Their shitty phones.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

1. first party lacks variety/effort.
imo, first party is as much about offering people a reason to buy a console as it is about making a profit off the game. ms seems to only care about making profit. they don't put much effort into any game that that don't think can sell 10m units. blockbusters are great and all but i also need games that might not be massive sellers but add variety to a consoles lineup.

2. a complete lack of direction.
ms doesn't seem to put much effort into their vision for xbox and flipflops too quickly. sometimes it is a good thing to cut and run from a bad idea but ms does it too often. it makes it hard to trust that anything they say is coming will ever come or that something that does come wont' be abandon.

3. xbox exclusive*.
ms is the king of the exclusive*. it's deceptive. it's lying. it's bullshit.

Windows 10 store slow downloads.
Rough Win 10 title launches (though KI and Forza Apex were butter!)

Only issue i have with them currently.

Love: their consoles, the games, evolving dashboards, constant improvements and features added, the amazing class-leading controllers , the Play Anywhere program, unified Achievements and FL,  and that Windows makes the largest library of games in existence accessible to me on my PC's.

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S

What Mafioso said about their Windows 10 title launches that might effect sales for future games.

As for me they should stop making sweepstakes for literally one of a kind Xbox One consoles and just make plenty of them for a limited time. Ex: MS should've made a limited amount of Fallout 4 pit boy consoles for the holidays.

Proud to be a Californian.

- Don Mattrick. Thankfully he's long gone.
- Need to diversify 1st party offerings.
- The XB1 is a huge console.
- Focusing on NA