By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Body count rises as new Philippines president calls for drug addicts to be killed

The people of that country now slowly realize the consequences of voting for these types of people. This is horrific but hardly surprising.

Around the Network

Interesting. Drug addicts are practically victims, and now victims should be killed too. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Nettles said:
Well, why does america spend billions every year in the war on drugs when a country they invaded, that banned opium production in 2001, now produces four times as much opium as they did back in the 1990s? My point was wouldn't it be better to control the "war on drugs" at the source especially if you control (elect a puppet govt) the nation you invaded? Ask yourself why they didn't do that.

I don't give 2 shits why the US keeps officially supporting this bs war on drugs. I'm pro drug legalization across the board, it's of no one's business what any grown up decides or not to consume, be it drugs or alcohol or whatever.

That is no refutation to the recent movements form the president of the Philippines, he seems to be an extreme right wing guy with fascist tendencies. I'm against extreme rightwing/fascism in any form, in any country.

setsunatenshi said:

I'm pro drug legalization across the board, it's of no one's business what any grown up decides or not to consume, be it drugs or alcohol or whatever.

I am strongly against, someone i know got killed because of someone taking car under drugs, legalize this and more will happening. in right world if everyone would take drugs safe for other yes i would agree, but not in this world where everyone think to their ass first and don't care about other...

And on topic very bad new for philipine

I've heard that Filipinos have issues with their penal systems. Seems like they are coming up short in this issue.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
Saeko said:
setsunatenshi said:

I'm pro drug legalization across the board, it's of no one's business what any grown up decides or not to consume, be it drugs or alcohol or whatever.

I am strongly against, someone i know got killed because of someone taking car under drugs, legalize this and more will happening. in right world if everyone would take drugs safe for other yes i would agree, but not in this world where everyone think to their ass first and don't care about other...

sure, so with that logic you should be against alcohol because the amount of drunk driving accidents have killed thousands every single year.

I'm pretty sure there are laws against drunk driving, the same way there would be laws against driving under influence of drugs, but that will only happen IF drugs are legalized and regulated.

Right now I can be put to jail for drunk driving, but I could be high as a kite and the police would have no test to stop me form driving.

So yeah, legalization and regulation is the answer, not criminalization.

Another country to remove from my "to visist"-list. It really got kinda empty in recent years and I didn't even travel that much.....

setsunatenshi said:
Saeko said:

sure, so with that logic you should be against alcohol because the amount of drunk driving accidents have killed thousands every single year.

I'm pretty sure there are laws against drunk driving, the same way there would be laws against driving under influence of drugs, but that will only happen IF drugs are legalized and regulated.

Right now I can be put to jail for drunk driving, but I could be high as a kite and the police would have no test to stop me form driving.

So yeah, legalization and regulation is the answer, not criminalization.

You said there is law against drunk driving and too, there is thousands killed every single years, look like your law not work very well and you really want the same thing for drugs and add more thousands killed on road, nice... only ban drugs and alcool would save all  these live but like i said, selfish world, if its not my kid or my friend who die who care...  ?

Liberty should stop where this can harm other, end of story for me.

sure because alcohol prohibition has worked so well in the past right? look at countries where drugs are legal and compare the deaths by car to countries with drugs criminalization and tell me what conclusions you make.

Qwark said:
spurgeonryan said:

https://asiancorrespondent.com/2016/07/philippines-duterte-drug-addicts/

Modern day Witch Hunt! How do they prove if your an addict or not?

Hey philipines I would like to see your coastal areas to better guarded against China-s weird policies. But you are making youraelf pretty unlikeable with these actions. For your final question and thinking like an sadistic dictator. Throw them in a cell for 3 days and if their condition is severely worsening, due to kick off symptoms. That would be a pretty good guess.

Would you want to fund our government to buy some ships, jetfighters, mercs, weapons so we could defend our border properly?

Ofcourse you know that, right? We're not like some 1st world nation where drugs is just a tier three 1st world nation problem.