By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Go has taken over my city, I've never seen anything like this.

Well, it's not out here, so it's sad grey normal life without pikachus.
I'll be sure to take my 3ds out as well once it's out, there should be a few more streetpasses around if it blows up around here like it did in the US.

Around the Network

Most of my friends are from Europe (UK, Cyprus, Greece), so I haven't seen much on facebook or in real life. I seriously doubt it will be such a success in Cyprus. but I hope so.

The only thing I see from my American friends is complaints. They are in their late 20's/early 30's and really, really hate it. They can't find a parking space close to their gyms, people bump into them looking at their phones, etc.

Glad to see that it's been a positive experience for most other people, though.

Well I'm from Edmonton Canada. You can't even 2 blocks without seeing people playing. Even out in the smaller rural areas people are just driving and playing. I was out from midnight to almost 2am and people are still everywhere. Lures are still placed. People are driving around with their phones out. Biking and skateboarding. Some gyms last mere minutes. It's literally an invasion. Honestly, almost everyone has it here. I've already seen a few level 24's.... and that was yesterday.....

Went to the park, people everywhere with their phones out. And the current version is still pretty early. Trading and pvp should add an extra dimension.

Is this funny?

https://pedestrian.tv/news/arts-and-culture/poison-gas-pokmon-found-in-holocaust-museum--offic/8e5a5870-b74b-4983-adfc-d9e1ac97b279.htm

Around the Network

Im in the Netherlands, and even though the game isnt officially released yet here. The game is going crazy. People everywhere playing the game, its getting pretty insane. I never seen so many people outside ever in these neighborhoods.

MagicalJoker said:
Im in the Netherlands, and even though the game isnt officially released yet here. The game is going crazy. People everywhere playing the game, its getting pretty insane. I never seen so many people outside ever in these neighborhoods.

You've just beat me to it. Yeah even though it isn't even officially here yet this thing is huge. There's been meetings of literally thousands of people, there's people walking across highways and railway-lines everywhere delaying traffic in the process, to catch these things.

It's total chaos, I've never seen anything like it.

Maybe I can finally make a friend in real life 😥

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Im this week near nottingham in the uk for a business trip. I've noticed a group of ten people standing in circle playing with their phones. Walking past them, I've seen they played all Pokemon Go :)

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Servers are still not up in Puerto Rico.