By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Last gen, did you survive YLOD and/or RROD?

Did you survive YLOD/RROD?

My PS3 died 55 17.35%

My PS3 is still ok 107 33.75%

My Xbox360 died 74 23.34%

My Xbox360 is still ok 28 8.83%

My Wii will outlive every... 53 16.72%

Total:317

My first PS3, which was a fat, died on me with a YLOD.

Around the Network

Last gen I had...

Xbox 360 Elite model - Sold later on to buy another but still worked
Xbox 360 Gears of War 3 edition - Currently still works
PS3 Slim - Still works
Wii launch model - Still works
Wii Mario Kart bundle - Bought and softmodded, still works.

So as you can see I had great luck last generation with hardware! Let's hope this gen is just as solid.

PS3 lasted a year and a few months until the fan inside died and since buying another one was still expensive, I then decided instead to grab a 360 as it was cheaper for me and the friends I made at the time were gaming on 360's. I was lucky that my 360 never died on me (though I ended up selling it due to money concerns and then building a PC).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

1.I got my PS3 December 2006 and it still works fine. Got my 360 in 2009 and sold it in 2012.
2-4.Neither Broke

PS3:10 years and still going
360:Sold, but got 3 years out of it.

Currently Playing: N/A

Anime and Studying is life RN

1 YLOD on my OG 60gb Phat. Got it reballed about 3 years ago using lead solder and have been going strong still since..

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

Around the Network

PS3: 7+ years and still going strong.

Ah, old thread.

My third ps3 (slim) is still working. (2 earlier fat ones died of ylod)
My second 360's power supply died at the start of the year. (double rrod on the first one)
My second Wii is still working afaik (first one dvd drive died, haven't used the wii in years)

Still no poll option for nothing survived!

I'm also on my second Wii balance board, new wii motes, new ps3 controllers, 360 battery packs wouldn't charge anymore. The only thing that survived from launch is my 360 controllers, which kinda sucks since they're not windows compatible, useless now.

However my Intellivision 2 from the early 80's still works...

Had no issues last gen.

My 360 was the new slim model and it survived and was given to my wife's nephew.

My original PS3 fatty was traded in for the first slim and I have it to this very day.

It's the gen before where I had issues. I went through 3 fat PS2's before settling on s slim.

Kept burning the laser out with pirate DVDs and my action replay CD.

I've had the same PS3 since 2008, and it's still working and in use today. It's my most used console still. PS4 doesn't have much. If it does die, I'll get a backwards compatible model. I've seen about 6, or 7 xbox 360s (everyone I knew who had one) die to RROD, though. As far as I was concerned, the failure rate was 100%. Most would go on to buy several 360 (they all suffered RRoD) until finally getting PS3s. Then, promptly complained about how the PS4 was coming a few months after they decided to get a PS3....

4 RRoD, 2 YLoD

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames