By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Last gen, did you survive YLOD and/or RROD?

Did you survive YLOD/RROD?

My PS3 died 55 17.35%

My PS3 is still ok 107 33.75%

My Xbox360 died 74 23.34%

My Xbox360 is still ok 28 8.83%

My Wii will outlive every... 53 16.72%

Total:317

I didn´t :(

I´m posting from the afterlife.

Around the Network

Yes, I did. Though I hardly ever played it, and eventually just got an Xbox 360 slim. Just so your wondering, I didn't buy the cheap arcade machines, I got an actual core 360 machine. I eventually gave it away to my younger brother, and it still works well. As for the PS3, well it lasted a couple years, though it was fried when there was an electrical surge or whatever. Saddened to see it go, but it wasn't the fault of the console. As for the Wii, well it is like a brick. I've dropped it, had water spilled on it, and even threw it at a wall once(that was a very fun story I can tell it sometime). Still works well, but its now just in storage as I no longer play it.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Naum said:
No option for both??

Oops

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Yep. I managed to avoid the problem altogether..

I sold my OG PS3 (40GB) when it started to sound like a jet engine - everytime I fired off a game. My Xbox 360.. I got rid off for the Slim. So yeah.. haven't had a big problem with either consoles, luckily.

nanarchy said:

no option for me. 2 YLOD, 1 RROD

PS: interestingly I still have my original 360 picked up launch day (was a slim that RROD for me) and it has never missed a beat and was still in use until early last year.

Same for me 1YOLD, 1 RROD.  At least the RROD was replaced and held its own for a number of years before retirement.  My PS3 fat still was fixed at 150 bones and I won another PS3 at Dave and Buster with tickets.

Around the Network

Bought my PS3 Slim in 2010 and it still works. Played on it yesterday, too.

Never had a console completely break. Atari 2600, NES, SNES (used), PS1, PS2, PS3, Vita.

Only problems were the NES being an absolute fucking pain to get playing, and then sometimes it would messed up during play, and then the PS2 not playing certain discs--purple discs, I think.

Some people are are mentioning their entire console history. I'll do the same but I'll be concise. I owned:

NES: I broke it one day with my cousin (we shot it)
Gameboy (x2): Sold one, one just disappeared but it reappears every few years
SNES: still works. My mom has it
N64 (x2): still worked. One, I gave to my cousin. No idea where they ended up
Ps1: one broke. One I traded at Gamestop for a ps2
Genesis: still worked. No idea where it went.
GBA: still works. No idea where it is.
Dreamcast: still works. My sis has it.
PS2 (x3) two disc read error. Gave one away.
Gamecube: still worked until I sold it
Xbox 360 (x3): two still work and are used to this day
PSP (x2): still work
NDS (x6): all still work. All 3 "phats" have broken hinges. 2lites and one DSi are fine.
Ps3 (x2): phat is dead. Super slim is fine.
Ouya: still fine
Wii: gave to my sister
WiiU: still fine
Ps4: still fine
Xbox One (x2) still fine
Vita: gave to my daughter: still fine
3DS(x2): still fine. Sold one
N3DS(x2): still fine

Nope. PS3 was fine, but I went through two 360s. The second time was when I was playing Mass Effect 2. I wanted to punch something.

Wheres the option for both ps3 AND 360 had YLOD and RROD?

I wonder how many last gen sales were replacements?

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'