By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Last gen, did you survive YLOD and/or RROD?

Did you survive YLOD/RROD?

My PS3 died 55 17.35%

My PS3 is still ok 107 33.75%

My Xbox360 died 74 23.34%

My Xbox360 is still ok 28 8.83%

My Wii will outlive every... 53 16.72%

Total:317

Both my PS3 and 360 succumbed.

My PS3 (60GB launch model) crashed as I was playing the MAG beta and then never woke up from that, to this day I still blame that beta, but it happened right before the first slim model launched so I bought that to replace it.

My 360 (bought about 6 months after launch) died after I gave it to a friend, I upgraded to the Elite and offered it to her, she only told me it broke recently otherwise I would've got it replaced.

I'm pretty sure my Wii (launch model) is fine, I don't think I've played it in about 7 years though.

Don't ruin the moment

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PC/PS4), Dead Cells (PC)

LordyPlays on YouTube

Around the Network

So that is why so many 360s and PS3 were sold :P

Must have been a mess, feel your pain.

My 360 was fixed for free.
In addition , it finished within a week !

Technically no then, given your OP.

I have a fat launch PS3 that YLoD'd a year or two ago. So I guess that it lived from 2007 to 2014, 7 years. I fixed it myself though, after running around frantically for a moment. Took the whole thing apart, cleaned it, reapplied some new, good, cooling-paste (of which there was none left), heated and cooled the main chips and put it back together. Everything good. Works like a charm, even better (read: quieter) than before. I felt like such a genius.

So I'd personally still count that as "surviving" regardless. Dodged a bullet sure, but survived.

My OG Phat 60 PS3 succumbed to the YLOD in 2014... Was a sad day until I had it cleaned and had an electrical engineer buddy reball the GPU (for free). As quiet as when I first bought it and still running strong after 2 years since.

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

Around the Network

My PS3 is still ok (bought it in 2010).

Had a launch 360 that died and died and died on me, will never buy Microsoft again because of this. My launch Wii is still going, I gave it my daughter when I got a Wii U, and even a 6 year old cant destroy it. Got a PS3 slim in 2011, which I gave to my mum when I got a PS4, Its still going. My launch Wii U is still alive and kicking despite getting used on a daily basis for the last 3 and a half years.

I got both.

20gb Xbox 360 RRoD'd the day Mass Effect came out (and broken disc drive the day Mass Effect 2 came out)

2007-2007 (I think). I got it fixed but eventually sold it and bought two more! Still use my 60gb Jasper and 250 gb Slim to this day.

PSS YLoD'd the day Metal Gear Rising came out.

2008-2013. I got another one at the end of the year. Still use my 500gb slim to this day but man, hated seeing that 80gb phat die. It was the only way to play my ps2 games!

Yup, never had any issues with my first Xbox 360 or the Xbox 360 s. Great generation overall.

I had a problem with the 360's DVD drive once, but no other problems fortunately.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."