By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Go now competing with Twitter in terms of daily active users!

Lastgengamer said:
Now that Nintendo has got the smartphone market hooked, they need to make the new gen Pokemon only available on the NX.

Or NX could receive smartphone games,  be Android frienly for easy port... 

Around the Network

This became a phenomenon in a matter of days. Honestly just insanity.

Went to the mall yesterday which had quite a couple of pokestops and everyone was playing this.

"Astonishingly, Pokémon GO is (as of July 8th) installed on 5.16 percent of all Android devices in the US. That might not sound like much, but the day before that, it had overtaken the rather dubious dating app Tinder in concurrent Android installs."

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Never thought I'd ever see the second coming of Pokemon in my lifetime

Saturday morning a saw a woman in her thirties dragging her seven year-old son through a park telling him she was going to catch a Charmander of it killed her...
Pokemon Go seems to have recaptured the first kids to play Pokemon...
The question is whether or not they can keep them hooked...

Have a nice day...

tiff3110 said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

To catch them all...

just that? no pre battle to be able to catch'em all, no battle with others, no gyms, no mini games...just walk and throw a pokeball?

So basically nothing that makes the pokemon games fun. I guess they will implement other things right? because I actually like the idea of the game but it just seem like a non finished product.

To be honest, I kind of thought you already knew and you were just bashing on the game, so I didn't give you a straight answer. While I've never played, there are stops that you have to visit to obtain items, you can walk around to capture Pokemon, you can train Pokemon, evolve them, visit gyms (which are held by one of three teams. You get to choose a team once you reach level 5.), etc.. It doesn't have everything (proper battle system, trading, blah blah blah), but I guarentee they're holding back on that stuff so they can implement it later to keep the hype train moving.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Around the Network
naruball said:
Ljink96 said:
This is simply insane. It's only been a few days and this thing has blown up. Once again, not up my alley, but you can't help but applaud Nintendo and Niantic for their efforts.

I don't believe they deserve the applause. The game isn't good and it's only been successful because of how huge the IP has been over the years. I applaud them for great games like Splatoon and Zelda (both not my cup of tea, but undeniably great).

That's where you and I differ. I want the best for Nintendo. And if this makes them money and brings in users, then I'm all for it even if I don't like the app. It's an AR game. Not a big AAA budget title. Each has their own standards.

kopstudent89 said:

"Astonishingly, Pokémon GO is (as of July 8th) installed on 5.16 percent of all Android devices in the US. That might not sound like much, but the day before that, it had overtaken the rather dubious dating app Tinder in concurrent Android installs."

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Never thought I'd ever see the second coming of Pokemon in my lifetime

Isnt that roughly 5mil or more people in the US alone? Not counting the bigger ios o.O

tbone51 said:
kopstudent89 said:

Isnt that roughly 5mil or more people in the US alone? Not counting the bigger ios o.O

10m +  already. Mind boggling

Those are some serious numbers! Now the bigger feat is to see if they can if they can maintain this.

Ew.

I'm now filled with determination.