By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Go now competing with Twitter in terms of daily active users!

Serious question, what do you do in this game apart from wandering around and 'catch' pokemon without effort? like what's the purpose?

Around the Network
tiff3110 said:
Serious question, what do you do in this game apart from wandering around and 'catch' pokemon without effort? like what's the purpose?

To catch them all...

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Incredible.

Spent last 20 minutes chasing down a Starmie with random people on the street. It was more exciting than it shouldve been

StarOcean said:
Spent last 20 minutes chasing down a Starmie with random people on the street. It was more exciting than it shouldve been

Spent between 20-25 hours these last 4 days just walking around my city playing this. 
Kept running into the same people at Lures too

Around the Network
ohmylanta1003 said:
tiff3110 said:

To catch them all...

just that? no pre battle to be able to catch'em all, no battle with others, no gyms, no mini games...just walk and throw a pokeball?

So basically nothing that makes the pokemon games fun. I guess they will implement other things right? because I actually like the idea of the game but it just seem like a non finished product.

ktay95 said:
StarOcean said:

Spent between 20-25 hours these last 4 days just walking around my city playing this. 
Kept running into the same people at Lures too

Same here XD god I love this game

Ljink96 said:
This is simply insane. It's only been a few days and this thing has blown up. Once again, not up my alley, but you can't help but applaud Nintendo and Niantic for their efforts.

I don't believe they deserve the applause. The game isn't good and it's only been successful because of how huge the IP has been over the years. I applaud them for great games like Splatoon and Zelda (both not my cup of tea, but undeniably great).

Pokémon has already help Nintendo when it was in difficulty... N64 gen...

Animal crossing could be a succès as well...

Now that Nintendo has got the smartphone market hooked, they need to make the new gen Pokemon only available on the NX.