By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Go rumored to make $1.6m Dollars per day in US alone.

Mr Puggsly said:
Miguel_Zorro said:

.. and people wonder why Konami shifted from AAA titles to mobile games.

Frankly, we aren't even looking for AAA games from Konami.

A lot of us want Castlevania, Contra, Hudson IPs, and other stuff like that. I think a lot of that was poorly handled being exclusive to certain platforms.

Exactly like I always say,  exclusivity hurts the ip in most cases. 

Around the Network

And it's not even released WW yet.

Drop the DS and release Pokemon on droid/iOS and u have the return of Nintendo

mM

Though is that really much at the end? The game had a huge boom and is only doing 1.6 million per day on iOS which are thought as the biggest spenders, aside of being on USA, 1.6 seems like a small number considering all that.

Aside, don't the profits have to be divided between the 3 holders of the Pokemon IP + the developer/Niantic + Google(they did funded the project, so they must receive something in return)? That would leave the iOS profits at only 320k per company, not exactly much.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

Tlozjb said:
Though is that really much at the end? The game had a huge boom and is only doing 1.6 million per day on iOS which are thought as the biggest spenders, aside of being on USA, 1.6 seems like a small number considering all that.

Aside, don't the profits have to be divided between the 3 holders of the Pokemon IP + the developer/Niantic + Google(they did funded the project, so they must receive something in return)? That would leave the iOS profits at only 320k per company, not exactly much.

So, even with your paltry breakdown, that's what over 100m in a single year from a single region?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
zero129 said:
Kerotan said:

Have you seen the success of pokemon go?  Next gen dedicated handhelds will sell far less than this gen and Android + iOS will increase their dominance of the market.  

I've always said it.  Nintendo will drown in a tsunami of cash when they embrace third party mobile gaming.  Theirs still money to be made with consoles but they're blowing a wad of cash by not embracing it now rather than later. 

Nintendo's handheld market is more healtier atm then their console market.

This is like saying Sony should go console 3rd party and keep the handheld market exclusive....

I just love how you guys would love for Nintendo to go 3rd party but not Sony....

Basically this^

I saw a group of 20+ people talking and hanging around a PokeStop just a few hours ago. It was kind of amazing XD And Ive been stopped by a ton of people asking if Ive been playing Pokemon Go or just people talking about it. I was on a walk and a guy passed me and went "Gotta catch'em all!" it was so weird. I get a weird sense of community from this game XD

I think this is the first step of a huge change in Nintendo's business strategy.  I know this is frightening for a lot of people but all the signs are there.  

outlawauron said:
Tlozjb said:

So, even with your paltry breakdown, that's what over 100m in a single year from a single region?

While it is still big, it is quite the longshot from what people are making it seem, if all the 1.6 million were for Nintendo, that would mean 582m from just iOS users in the USA.  So again, while 100m is a big number, it is quite smaller than the number people are believing to be, and doesn't seem to be so impressive when we see this is a big market and the huge boom that Pokemon GO had.  Though when it comes to what Nintendo receives from the daily profit, it is still meh.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

:O People really like to spend on microtransactions...

Nintendo gotta catch 'em coins.