By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Go rumored to make $1.6m Dollars per day in US alone.

Barkley said:

Incredible, Nintendo really should, and will no doubt start aggressively pursuing the mobile market. Nintendo's future could be very bright in that market. It could be a very lucrative change in direction. They have so many brands that would do incredibly well for mobile gaming, they could release smash hit, after smash hit.

Hardly.They will keep making some games for the mobile space, just as they announced they would.And this surely mean they will put more effort in making them.But they wont abandon the dedicated console market, be it handheld or home console.Not only because they still make alot of money there(just on the handheld side at this time), but more importantly its there that they built and maintain their pedigree as an excellent developer and keep alive and grow their fanbase and IPs.And also where they make money with amiibos.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Kerotan said:
Will Nintendo finally realise their future lies on Android and iOS at least when it comes to their handheld series.

Have you not been paying attention to sales for software on the 3ds? Pls keep comments of third party to yourself

Have you seen the success of pokemon go?  Next gen dedicated handhelds will sell far less than this gen and Android + iOS will increase their dominance of the market.  

I've always said it.  Nintendo will drown in a tsunami of cash when they embrace third party mobile gaming.  Theirs still money to be made with consoles but they're blowing a wad of cash by not embracing it now rather than later. 

makes me wonder what they would make if this is released in all regions ;(

..and if it's still as popular in a couple of weeks or so

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

They need to update it where training and battling friends is added (and maybe hiding some legendaries in exotic places all around the world) and i can see this being the biggest mobile game for years to come

Bradford City Fan for life

Recent favourite games: Ni No Kuni, Fifa 13, Batman Arkham City

Best games of all time: Pokemon Red, Dragon Warrior 3, The last of us, Uncharted 2 and 3

3ds friend code add me: 1950-8131-6814

PSN ID: Mr_Vezzo_Khanny - add to start a clan in the last of us mutiplayer

I wonder how well this is gonna do in Japan. :O

Around the Network
wombat123 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I don't think Mario translates well to mobile devices, not without a gamepad.

But I think some of their IPs could have even greater success on mobile.

Yup.  I think people get the wrong idea when they hear the words 'Nintendo' and 'mobile'.  I doubt Nintendo is going to do something like port over Smash or Mario Kart over to mobile because, like you said, they just don't translate well to that platform.  I can see Nintendo making mobile-centric spinoffs for those IPs that cater to casual audiences though -- and that's probably what they're going to do.

Well Mario Kart could be okay, I mean there are a bunch of successful racing games on mobile devices. But would have to be built to compensate and work with a touch screen.

Other stuff would translate okay as well, but Mario platformers would be bad. Maybe some Mario runners in the vain of Rayman and Sonic could work on mobile.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Miguel_Zorro said:

.. and people wonder why Konami shifted from AAA titles to mobile games.

Frankly, we aren't even looking for AAA games from Konami.

A lot of us want Castlevania, Contra, Hudson IPs, and other stuff like that. I think a lot of that was poorly handled being exclusive to certain platforms.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Kerotan said:
tbone51 said:

Have you not been paying attention to sales for software on the 3ds? Pls keep comments of third party to yourself

Have you seen the success of pokemon go?  Next gen dedicated handhelds will sell far less than this gen and Android + iOS will increase their dominance of the market.  

I've always said it.  Nintendo will drown in a tsunami of cash when they embrace third party mobile gaming.  Theirs still money to be made with consoles but they're blowing a wad of cash by not embracing it now rather than later. 

Nintendo is already embracing the mobile market, they just aren't flooding the market with their games.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
Miguel_Zorro said:

.. and people wonder why Konami shifted from AAA titles to mobile games.

A lot of us want Castlevania, Contra, Hudson IPs, and other stuff like that. I think a lot of that was poorly handled being exclusive to certain platforms.

I just want Konami to crawl on their hands and knees to the original creator of the Suikoden series and let him finish what he started.

wombat123 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I just want Konami to crawl on their hands and knees to the original creator of the Suikoden series and let him finish what he started.

A reasonable request, a potential mobile success as well.

Recently Completed