By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 5 has had the highest monthly active players for a Halo title since Halo 3 (Before the free play period)

Not surprising, this game is Halo MP as it should be, and Warzone is quite simply amazing. It has some drawbacks of course (every game has) but 343i is really invested in making changes according to fan requests. I have never played a game so far after its release, and yet still finding new matches within seconds from login in.

Around the Network

That's weird given the narrative is Halo 5 failed and the population is low.

Glad to hear its doing well, I havent played much recently but Halo 5 MP is pretty awesome.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Makes sense given the free-to-play days, which was an awesome gesture on Microsoft's part. I jumped back in after returning my copy a while ago. The campaign is still pretty rough, but arena multiplayer is improved over 4, and Warzone is like a more digestible version of Battlefield.

Could this model with offering the these high profile games for free during special promotion period, be a model for maintaining sales in the future? It has been VERY apparent how many new players that has joined Halo 5 during these free to play days.

Ryuu96 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Makes sense given the free-to-play days, which was an awesome gesture on Microsoft's part. I jumped back in after returning my copy a while ago. The campaign is still pretty rough, but arena multiplayer is improved over 4, and Warzone is like a more digestible version of Battlefield.

This stat is before the free play period, I'll add that in the title =P

Oh damn, then that's truly impressive. 

Even though I'm not the biggest fan of 343's work, I appreciate the changes they made to multiplayer, and I really like Warzone as a supplementary mode.

Around the Network

Halo 5 has the best multiplayer in the franchise history.
In fact, it probably has the best MP for every FPS ever released on a console.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

And most of the Halo YouTube community are talking about how half of the community left or how its dying. Great news for the Halo community.

Congrats!

jason1637 said:
And most of the Halo YouTube community are talking about how half of the community left or how its dying. Great news for the Halo community.

I think we are seeing a pretty big shift in the looks of the community, there are likely a lot of new players that haven't played so much Halo before and that can be hard for old-timers to swallow.

Puppyroach said:
jason1637 said:

I think we are seeing a pretty big shift in the looks of the community, there are likely a lot of new players that haven't played so much Halo before and that can be hard for old-timers to swallow.

I think that's the case. There seems to be a growing disconnect between people who prefer Halo pre-2012 and those weaned on Halo 4 and 5, and modern military shooters in general.