By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 11 officers shot, 1 bystander shot during protests over recent shootings

sc94597 said:
JRPGfan said:
Seriously america needs to get rid of all the guns... to many crazy's.

So that black gunowners will be even more vulnerable to police brutality than they are? Remember, this whole mess it the consequence of the drug war. What would a war on guns be like? 

I don't know much about the war on drugs (only that it costs way more than it helps). Can you explain "this whole mess it the consequence of the drug war" this to me? I'm genuinly curious.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Soooooooo because they were doing something wrong/stupid they deserved to get shot by a careless cop? Like the 12yr old black kid who was shot in the park because he was playing with a toy? Or the one who was just shot in a traffic stop because he was reaching for his license? You mean doing stuff wrong/stupid like that? :-/?

Lmao.  Thanks for proving the point of my previous post.  Perpetuating the lie.  Or half truth.  However you want to put it.  Say something like he was just shot while playing black.  Of course, you would leave out that it was a realistic gun that the kid had puposely taken the orange tip off, so at any distant you wouldn't have been able to tell it was a toy.  And that he was taking it out and brandishing it like a thug, threatening to "shoot"  passersby.  The cops were called because people thought it was a real gun.  They pulled up and demanded he put it down, but instead he decided to not listen, so they shot him.  It's tragic, but act like a thug and you'll die like one.

As for the recent one, I don't have all the info on that one.  So, you know, I'm not going to do a rash thing and choose "sides" quite yet.  Better to wait until we get the cruiser video.  If it was the 100% fault of cop, he should be fired and face charges, as he will.  People are allowing their agenda to blind common sense.  It could be the Michael Brown thing all over again.  Of course, it doesn't help that we have one of the key race agitators as President.

So me stating that a 12yr old boy playing with a toy gun in a public park proves your post huh? So because it was a realistic looking gun that makes it all okay that he was shot and killed. It makes it okay because people thought it was real yet there had been no issues no shots fired nothing of the sort. Heck I have seen many kids playing with toy guns that looked real talking about I am going to shoot you etc but I didn't go straight to saying look at this thug or this kid acting like a thug....because guess what it was just a child playing but I guess that is just me. To you though a child playing is the equivalant of "acting like a thug so die like a thug"....yeeeeeaaaaahhhh that makes perfect sense and clearly proves your point of perpeuating a lie because none of what I said was a fact.  YET you LABELED this boy as thug because he was playing lol. Or did nou not label him as one but just added that part just for the heck of it? No other options than to shoot to kill because this was clearly someone acting like a thug and deserving to die like one? Come on man you can't be serious. And even so again I ask because someone is doing something wrong they deserve to be shot and killed?

Also where did I state that he was shot while being black? Because I gave you two examples of people not doing anything wrong that just means shot while being black? Doesn't show that cops just handled situations poorly just shot while being black? wasn't just countering your post about them not doing anything stupid/wrong that clearly deserved death. Come on now things like this are inexcusable and should not have happened. Esepcially in these two situations that I just gave you.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Lets give guns to everyone and lets see how it goes.

- America

NobleTeam360 said:
teigaga said:
Why are people acting as if this rogue shooter (who's identity and motives have not been detailed), somehow represents people who support the BLM movement?

That's what I've been wondering since last night lol. BLM was protesting peacefully, and somehow i see comments everywhere claiming they should be marked as a terrorist group and other stupid shit. 

Considering many BLM protestors get angry and hostile (even booing politicians and forcing them to apologize) whenever some say ALM, which, yes, includes black lives, it's not hard to conclude that many value black lives over any other.  Saying some of the nastiest things to anyone who question them.  It also doesn't help that in some of these situations they have jumped to conclusions and perpetuate falsehoods about the situation.  "Hands up, don't shoot" comes to mind. 

Of course, I'm sure there are plenty that are part of it who are more even-minded.  It just seems some of the people they send to be spokesmen for them don't come off the best. 

I'll never get the whole gun debate in the US tbh, I keep getting told it's for protection and what not but why does one need sniper rifles and machine guns Rambo can't even fathom?

Around the Network

And of course there will be a lot less sentiment for the officers lost than when some criminals are killed

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

sc94597 said:

I disagree. The police will have another role in such a situation. Confiscating guns from law-abiding (and unlawful) black men and women, and likely killing them in the process (except in greater numbers .) This will antagonize the situation, and create more police brutality, not less. Just look what happened to Philando Castile, for politely informing the police officer that he is a lawful concealed carrier. The police are on edge, and giving them the task of confiscating weapons is not a good idea, nor will it work.  The number of guns won't be reduced enough to have a significant effect because there are 300 million guns among a population spanning almost 4 million square miles and almost 2,000 urban areas and 325 million persons. 

This is all because the government thought it was okay to prohibit drugs, which led to criminal activity surrounding them. If the government prohibited guns, it would  be much, much, much worse. Prohibition doesn't work, it creates crime. We saw this with alcohol prohibition, we saw this with drug prohibition, we will see it if there were gun prohibition. 

You disagree that without guns there will be the less deaths? Not sure you got what I was saying. No guns in the situation would mean less deaths because police wouldn't have them either, no one would. This isn't about confiscating guns from law-abiding black men and women, it's about removing guns from everyone regardless of their race or social standing in society. If the banning of guns means less things like a law-abiding citizens being shot, police doing their job getting shot or a bunch of school kids seeing life beyond their graduation, then restricting gun ownership should be a priority. Drugs and Alcohol are generally self harming items, guns generally hurt others.

Hmm, pie.

FragilE^ said:
sc94597 said:

So that black gunowners will be even more vulnerable to police brutality than they are? Remember, this whole mess it the consequence of the drug war. What would a war on guns be like? 

I don't know much about the war on drugs (only that it costs way more than it helps). Can you explain "this whole mess it the consequence of the drug war" this to me? I'm genuinly curious.

Certaintly. In the 1970's and 1980's the the federal government took it upon itself to eliminate drugs from the streets actively, for political reasons of course. Instead of taking a nurturing approach, and weaning people off these substances and their addiction (nipping demand), the government thought to heavily criminalize the sale and usage of drugs with long sentencing periods and damning records, with the endeavor of reducing supply. The effect of this is that the drug-trade is pushed further to the black-market, the supply decreases, but consequently the equillibrium price increases - making the drug trade highly profitable. Poor people in inner-cities see this as a means of employment, and because of the criminalization of drugs people who need help to wean off their addiction can't get it, without the fear of facing criminal charges. Those who are responsible for keeping their local monopolies on drug trade have no mechanism for recourse, as the legal system doesn't apply to fraud for them. Therefore they turn to violent crime to make sure contracts and region agreements are kept. The gangs take advantage of the poor kids in their areas, who probably had no real role-model or stable income stream because their parents were sent to prison for drug usage. Now lets say somebody gets out of prison for drug usage or sales, and they want to reform their life. It is very hard because very few people are going to hire somebody who has a drug felony. Because of this, the probability that this person will have to turn back to the drug trade to get money is high. Since these people are dispropotionately minorities, and the minorities inflict a disproportionate amount of violent crime (because they are in gangs, originally to make money) the police have prejudices and fear against minorities based on the statistics. That combined with the militarization of the police, and a general disdain for them because of their role in the enforcement of the drug role, ends with what we have today. Warfare between the police and minorities. 

The Fury said:
sc94597 said:

I disagree. The police will have another role in such a situation. Confiscating guns from law-abiding (and unlawful) black men and women, and likely killing them in the process (except in greater numbers .) This will antagonize the situation, and create more police brutality, not less. Just look what happened to Philando Castile, for politely informing the police officer that he is a lawful concealed carrier. The police are on edge, and giving them the task of confiscating weapons is not a good idea, nor will it work.  The number of guns won't be reduced enough to have a significant effect because there are 300 million guns among a population spanning almost 4 million square miles and almost 2,000 urban areas and 325 million persons. 

This is all because the government thought it was okay to prohibit drugs, which led to criminal activity surrounding them. If the government prohibited guns, it would  be much, much, much worse. Prohibition doesn't work, it creates crime. We saw this with alcohol prohibition, we saw this with drug prohibition, we will see it if there were gun prohibition. 

You disagree that without guns there will be the less deaths? Not sure you got what I was saying. No guns in the situation would mean less deaths because police wouldn't have them either, no one would. This isn't about confiscating guns from law-abiding black men and women, it's about removing guns from everyone regardless of their race or social standing in society. If the banning of guns means less things like a law-abiding citizens being shot, police doing their job getting shot or a bunch of school kids seeing life beyond their graduation, then restricting gun ownership should be a priority. Drugs and Alcohol are generally self harming items, guns generally hurt others.

If we could magically wave a wand and eliminate all of the guns that exist, sure. But we can't. There has to be a means of enforcing it. And that means police going door to door confiscating weapons. Even then they wouldn't succeed. 

Drug and Alcohol prohibition both lead to organized crime. You can be sure that there will be organized crime surrounding the gun trade if prohibition were to take place. The demand in the U.S is too high, among criminals and non-criminals alike. 

thismeintiel said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Wow there is A LOT wrong witht his post. Yes there are cases where things are not what they seem. No one is trying to make "black criminals" innocent but when so many are being shot and killed when there are cases of other races no tbeing shot and killed then it causes problems. There are a lot of holes in the rest of your post that are just not cool.

Problems between blacks and cops have been going on for a LONG time now. It just seems different now with social media and everyone recording things on their phones. I have been pulled over just to be asked where I am headed when I have done NOTHING wrong. I have been pulled over and questioned about what I am doing in certain neighborhoods with back up called on me as if I did something wrong. Same with my brothers, my father, cousins etc. And the most any of us have is maybe smoking weed(which I have never done) so no it is not about "black criminals" being made innocent. It is about cops VERY POORLY handling situations that have come to light far more often than not lately. I personally know not all cops are bad as I have family memebers who are officers of the law but situations like the two that happened in the past 72hrs SHOULD NOT have happened and were very clearly poorly handled.

As for the gangbanger and all of that other stuff you posted about I will just leave that alone because you can't have lived or ever lived in a black neighborhood or any neighborhood really and use that mentality.

And what about the many more white people who are shot by cops?  Why aren't those broadcast on the news?  Why don't news organizations edit video or only show one side of the story for them?  Have coverage of them for days?  Or the other minorities for that matter?  When's the last time we had a week/month long discussion cause some Asian/Hispanic/Arab thug charged at a cop and got shot, yet we blamed the cop?  You're getting played and you don't even know it.

I am fine YOU are missing the point. I watch and follow all of the news of white people being shot and killed by these trigger happy cops that are not properly trained. I know more whites have been killed by cops than blacks I pay attention to all of that. I fear for every race when dealing with cops now a day. But because of the history of blacks with cops and things that have been going on behind the scenes far before social media and smart phones this is having a bigger effect because it is something that has been talked about and said to be going on since before either of us were born yet pushed to the side like it was nothing. I know how it is to be profiled and targeted by officers and it is not cool. You can't say something isn't true just because you have never experienced it. I am not one of the it is all about race people I am one of the these cops are not being properly trained and are not handling situations correctly out here people and a majority of them just happen to be black.

And trust me there is FAR more than what is being shown on the news as a black male I have witnessed it first hand so don't give me the you are being played line. This is a reality for a majority of black males and it is being brought to light that is what this is. This system is broken and corrupt through and through. But I do not let it bind me, hold me down or stop me but it HAS to change. You can't tell someone who has witnessed these things first hand they are being played by the news/media because we know it to be true. This isn't fake this is reality. 

And don't get me wrong this is nothing personal against you it is just that it gets tiresome when people constantly tell you that the life you have lived and those around you have lived is pretty much false and just the news/media trying to get you stirred up.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23