By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 11 officers shot, 1 bystander shot during protests over recent shootings

JRPGfan said:
Seriously america needs to get rid of all the guns... to many crazy's.

So that black gunowners will be even more vulnerable to police brutality than they are? Remember, this whole mess it the consequence of the drug war. What would a war on guns be like? 

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Trigger happy cops that dont think twice before killing/murdering someone, anyone can buy a machine gun or a sniper even a fucking lunatic. America is one scary place.

Unless they buy them on the black market, no they cannot.  You could buy a semi-automatic rifle and attach a scope to it, but that's not going to compare to anything the military uses.  And fully automatic weapons are outlawed.

The problem we have here in the US is the left's persistent desire to make black criminals innocent, while making all cops guilty racist in the eyes of their supporters.  So even when the evidence comes out that the cop did no wrong, and the vast majority of the time this is the case, they still perpetuate the lie. Just like the continuing of "hands up, don't shoot," when we find out that Brown's criminal partner lied about that.  It creates an us vs them mentality, which causes many blacks to feel the Dem party is looking out for them.  When in fact they are pushing a lie to continue to gain their 95%+ support of that community.  And those who do not automatically jump on the cops are racist bandwagon are labeled racists, as well.

What this all leads to is black neighborhoods becoming increasingly unpatroled and more violent. The residents will call the police to protect them and their belongings from a gangbanger, but then be more pissed at the cops if the gangbanger gets shot, cause "he was just a young black male and you're just a racist white cop who only shot him for being black." The police are more likely to show up late, or not at all, when the residents (and even the city) don't have their back when it was justified.  It also continues a problem that politicians can claim they will fix, yet haven't for the decades they have run those cities.

Wow there is A LOT wrong witht his post. Yes there are cases where things are not what they seem. No one is trying to make "black criminals" innocent but when so many are being shot and killed when there are cases of other races no tbeing shot and killed then it causes problems. There are a lot of holes in the rest of your post that are just not cool.

Problems between blacks and cops have been going on for a LONG time now. It just seems different now with social media and everyone recording things on their phones. I have been pulled over just to be asked where I am headed when I have done NOTHING wrong. I have been pulled over and questioned about what I am doing in certain neighborhoods with back up called on me as if I did something wrong. Same with my brothers, my father, cousins etc. And the most any of us have is maybe smoking weed(which I have never done) so no it is not about "black criminals" being made innocent. It is about cops VERY POORLY handling situations that have come to light far more often than not lately. I personally know not all cops are bad as I have family memebers who are officers of the law but situations like the two that happened in the past 72hrs SHOULD NOT have happened and were very clearly poorly handled.

As for the gangbanger and all of that other stuff you posted about I will just leave that alone because you can't have lived or ever lived in a black neighborhood or any neighborhood really and use that mentality.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Why are people acting as if this rogue shooter (who's identity and motives have not been detailed), somehow represents people who support the BLM movement?

teigaga said:
Why are people acting as if this rogue shooter (who's identity and motives have not been detailed), somehow represents people who support the BLM movement?

That's what I've been wondering since last night lol. BLM was protesting peacefully, and somehow i see comments everywhere claiming they should be marked as a terrorist group and other stupid shit. 

jason1637 said:
Protesters" Were upset for the shootings so were going to shoot you guys back"
Idiots.

Don't be daft, until proven otherwise none of the protestors were involved in the shooting and they all ran for their lives once they heard shootings.

Every first hand account says it was a peaceful protest. A sniper shooting from rooftop shoudn't reflect poorly on the protesters. 

Around the Network
TheBlackNaruto said:
thismeintiel said:

Yep, and those young black males were doing nothing wrong or stupid at the time. /s

Soooooooo because they were doing something wrong/stupid they deserved to get shot by a careless cop? Like the 12yr old black kid who was shot in the park because he was playing with a toy? Or the one who was just shot in a traffic stop because he was reaching for his license? You mean doing stuff wrong/stupid like that? :-/?

Lmao.  Thanks for proving the point of my previous post.  Perpetuating the lie.  Or half truth.  However you want to put it.  Say something like he was just shot while playing black.  Of course, you would leave out that it was a realistic gun that the kid had puposely taken the orange tip off, so at any distant you wouldn't have been able to tell it was a toy.  And that he was taking it out and brandishing it like a thug, threatening to "shoot"  passersby.  The cops were called because people thought it was a real gun.  They pulled up and demanded he put it down, but instead he decided to not listen, so they shot him.  It's tragic, but act like a thug and you'll die like one.

As for the recent one, I don't have all the info on that one.  So, you know, I'm not going to do a rash thing and choose "sides" quite yet.  Better to wait until we get the cruiser video.  If it was the 100% fault of cop, he should be fired and face charges, as he will.  People are allowing their agenda to blind common sense.  It could be the Michael Brown thing all over again.  Of course, it doesn't help that we have one of the key race agitators as President.

CosmicSex said:
Poliwrathlord said:

You're actually more likely to kill yourself than to be killed by someone else here in the US. Homicides aren't the leading cause of death that everyone likes to make them out to be. 

You know, saying that suicide is more prevelant than homicide doesn't make America seem any less scary to folks aborad lol!  Some may say that actually far worse. 

"Seem" being the key word here. Folks abroad don't realize that the  majority of the gun-crime is between criminals (63%) , a sizable portion of total homicides are between gang members (49%), and these issues are regional (inner city issues in places with high levels of gun control, like Chicago.)

Cutting this out, it brings American homicides against innocents to something like 2.5 per 100,000 people (and declining with each year), and in most regions 1 per 100,000, still about double average Western European levels if we apply the same methodology, but hardly anything actually felt in real live as doubling 1 per 100,000 only makes 2 per 100,000. In the county I grew up in, that had a population of 300,000 people, only 2-3 people were murdered yearly (by all causes.) 

To put things in perspective, in the year 1389, London had a homicide rate of 110 per 100,000 people. That is without guns. In the 18th century this was brought down to 2-5 per 100,000 people, and there were accessible guns.  Today, Mexico (our neighbor to the south) has a homicide rate even greater than that, and strict gun control. 

The U.S is much closer to the rest of the first world in terms of homicide rates per capita than it is to the undeveloped world. As for suicide rates, it is middling when compared to the rest of the first world. Japan, South Korea, and half of Europe have double the suicides per capita. Petty crimes, like muggings and theft are more frequent in many European countries than in the U.S also. That is why most Americans don't feel unsafe, and why Europeans visiting shouldn't either, unless they are thinking about joining a gang. 

sc94597 said:
JRPGfan said:
Seriously america needs to get rid of all the guns... to many crazy's.

So that black gunowners will be even more vulnerable to police brutality than they are? Remember, this whole mess it the consequence of the drug war. What would a war on guns be like? 

I understand your sentiment but Police brutality will occur with or without guns, yet without guns (which are designed for nothing but killing) less deaths will occur on both sides.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
sc94597 said:

I understand your sentiment but Police brutality will occur with or without guns, yet without guns (which are designed for nothing but killing) less deaths will occur on both sides.

I disagree. The police will have another role in such a situation. Confiscating guns from law-abiding (and unlawful) black men and women, and likely killing them in the process (except in greater numbers .) This will antagonize the situation, and create more police brutality, not less. Just look what happened to Philando Castile, for politely informing the police officer that he is a lawful concealed carrier. The police are on edge, and giving them the task of confiscating weapons is not a good idea, nor will it work.  The number of guns won't be reduced enough to have a significant effect because there are 300 million guns among a population spanning almost 4 million square miles, almost 2,000 urban areas, and 325 million persons. 

This is all because the government thought it was okay to prohibit drugs, which led to criminal activity surrounding them. If the government prohibited guns, it would  be much, much, much worse. Prohibition doesn't work, it creates crime. We saw this with alcohol prohibition, we saw this with drug prohibition, we will see it if there were gun prohibition. 

TheBlackNaruto said:
thismeintiel said:

Unless they buy them on the black market, no they cannot.  You could buy a semi-automatic rifle and attach a scope to it, but that's not going to compare to anything the military uses.  And fully automatic weapons are outlawed.

The problem we have here in the US is the left's persistent desire to make black criminals innocent, while making all cops guilty racist in the eyes of their supporters.  So even when the evidence comes out that the cop did no wrong, and the vast majority of the time this is the case, they still perpetuate the lie. Just like the continuing of "hands up, don't shoot," when we find out that Brown's criminal partner lied about that.  It creates an us vs them mentality, which causes many blacks to feel the Dem party is looking out for them.  When in fact they are pushing a lie to continue to gain their 95%+ support of that community.  And those who do not automatically jump on the cops are racist bandwagon are labeled racists, as well.

What this all leads to is black neighborhoods becoming increasingly unpatroled and more violent. The residents will call the police to protect them and their belongings from a gangbanger, but then be more pissed at the cops if the gangbanger gets shot, cause "he was just a young black male and you're just a racist white cop who only shot him for being black." The police are more likely to show up late, or not at all, when the residents (and even the city) don't have their back when it was justified.  It also continues a problem that politicians can claim they will fix, yet haven't for the decades they have run those cities.

Wow there is A LOT wrong witht his post. Yes there are cases where things are not what they seem. No one is trying to make "black criminals" innocent but when so many are being shot and killed when there are cases of other races no tbeing shot and killed then it causes problems. There are a lot of holes in the rest of your post that are just not cool.

Problems between blacks and cops have been going on for a LONG time now. It just seems different now with social media and everyone recording things on their phones. I have been pulled over just to be asked where I am headed when I have done NOTHING wrong. I have been pulled over and questioned about what I am doing in certain neighborhoods with back up called on me as if I did something wrong. Same with my brothers, my father, cousins etc. And the most any of us have is maybe smoking weed(which I have never done) so no it is not about "black criminals" being made innocent. It is about cops VERY POORLY handling situations that have come to light far more often than not lately. I personally know not all cops are bad as I have family memebers who are officers of the law but situations like the two that happened in the past 72hrs SHOULD NOT have happened and were very clearly poorly handled.

As for the gangbanger and all of that other stuff you posted about I will just leave that alone because you can't have lived or ever lived in a black neighborhood or any neighborhood really and use that mentality.

And what about the many more white people who are shot by cops?  Why aren't those broadcast on the news?  Why don't news organizations edit video or only show one side of the story for them?  Have coverage of them for days?  Or the other minorities for that matter?  When's the last time we had a week/month long discussion cause some Asian/Hispanic/Arab thug charged at a cop and got shot, yet we blamed the cop?  You're getting played and you don't even know it.