By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Go #1 on the charts

How many download will it receive in first month globally?

1 million 2 2.70%

2 million 1 1.35%

3 million 0 0%

4 million 3 4.05%

5 million 6 8.11%

6 million 7 9.46%

7 million 1 1.35%

8 million 2 2.70%

9 million 0 0%

10 million plus 52 70.27%

Total:74
Platina said:
Miitomo had a lot of downloads too, but the userbase dropped quickly so it makes me wonder if this game will be similar

Miitomo was pointless and boring. This game is actually fun. I already wander around all over the place because of my fitbit and my lost weight (losing more), so this just adds to my enjoyment of physically being active.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
I hope this sends a message to Nintendo - people want their games on phone, not on consoles or handhelds.

Did you know that this app is for free? Compared to the pokemon main series? Shocking right! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

hmmm
action games on phones and not action on mobiles.
maybe can work.

Jranation said:
Lawlight said:
I hope this sends a message to Nintendo - people want their games on phone, not on consoles or handhelds.

Did you know that this app is for free? Compared to the pokemon main series? Shocking right! 

So what are you saying?

Barkley said:
Goodnightmoon said:

No that's only you trying to get something bad out of something good. The studio that made this game is not even part of Nintendo, they didn't wasted the resources of any of their studios, yet they are about to win a ton of money with it.

If Nintendo's mobile business does incredibly well the company will shift focus. If NX isn't a success but Nintendo's mobile outings are a big success it's obvious.

With the declining dedicated handheld market mobile may very well be a huge part of Nintendo's future.

I agree.  I think it would actually be prudent for Nintendo to combine their handheld/console businesses together and have mobile replace their standalone handheld business.  If Nintendo decided to make mobile a larger part of their portfolio, they should focus on games for that platform that can be enjoyed in 2-10 minute bursts (games like Rhythm Heaven, Tomodachi Life, Brain Age, Nintendogs) and go full casual with their offerings from their established IPs.  The casual market went to smartphones and tablets so create casual expereinces that cater to them there and leave the core games on their dedicated hardware.  I would also put gimmicky spin-off games from established IPs that focus on a specific gameplay element for the whole game but feel too short or incomplete to qualify as a full retail game on mobile -- Link's Crossbow Training for instance -- I think that game would have worked well for mobile.

Around the Network

Globally aligned? Easily 10 million in the first month.

No surprise it's getting a lot of downloads. It seems like it's raving right now among my friends. I'm just hearing about how it's great and that I should really get into it. I have it set up at least, but can't find any pokemon ;_;

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Platina said:
Miitomo had a lot of downloads too, but the userbase dropped quickly so it makes me wonder if this game will be similar

It won't be Miitomo bad, that had no catch. It was answer questions and... that was basically it. I don't expect to see it dominate charts though because of the way it's played. Most people won't want to leave the app running all the time while they walk around. It's a bit of a hassle compared to more popular mobile games. Will definitely have a strong core following though.

Lawlight said:

13.87 million Pokemon X/Y fans disagree with you.

12.03 million Mario Kart 7 fans disagree with you.

10.75 million Super Mario 3D Land fans disagree with you.

10.45 million Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire Pokemon fans disagree with you.

8.96 million Animal Crossing: New Leaf fans disagree with you.

About 7.5 million Mario Kart 8 fans disagree with you.

Do you want me to go on? No, you don't want to.

Oh, and I've changed my mind. You're getting moderated for your useless intervention.

Yeah everybody is talking about it on facebook.