By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Go #1 on the charts

How many download will it receive in first month globally?

1 million 2 2.70%

2 million 1 1.35%

3 million 0 0%

4 million 3 4.05%

5 million 6 8.11%

6 million 7 9.46%

7 million 1 1.35%

8 million 2 2.70%

9 million 0 0%

10 million plus 52 70.27%

Total:74
Dulfite said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Lets wait a few weeks before thinking it is a hit. If it still around the top of the charts by the end of the month, then it is a hit but if people stop using it, then it isn't. Many games landed at the top when they launched but soon fell after a few weeks so lets see where it stays at in August.

Downloads and etc really mean nothing when it comes to F2P. Consistant userbase means everything

1) If the Nintendo one got to like 4 million in it's first month, I would imagine this one will do even better.

2) Unlike the first Nintendo one, this one is actually fun to play and to do things in. It actually feels more like a game.

3) It is #1 in revenue currently, which means people are already spending a ton of money on its shop.

Embrace the hype.

Nevaaaa

I do want Nintendo to be successful cause they make my favorite console games but I shall always remain skeptical.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

I think it'll get 10+ million downloads fairly easily.

Goodnightmoon said:
think-man said:
Well all this means is that if it's a success they focus more one smartphones than dedicated.

No that's only you trying to get something bad out of something good. The studio that made this game is not even part of Nintendo, they didn't wasted the resources of any of their studios, yet they are about to win a ton of money with it.

If Nintendo's mobile business does incredibly well the company will shift focus. If NX isn't a success but Nintendo's mobile outings are a big success it's obvious.

With the declining dedicated handheld market mobile may very well be a huge part of Nintendo's future.

Captain_Yuri said:

Lets wait a few weeks before thinking it is a hit. If it still around the top of the charts by the end of the month, then it is a hit but if people stop using it, then it isn't. Many games landed at the top when they launched but soon fell after a few weeks so lets see where it stays at in August.

Downloads and etc really mean nothing when it comes to F2P. Consistant userbase means everything

Well need numbers that is all. Their will be saturation if people download it in masses.

Barkley said:
Goodnightmoon said:

No that's only you trying to get something bad out of something good. The studio that made this game is not even part of Nintendo, they didn't wasted the resources of any of their studios, yet they are about to win a ton of money with it.

If Nintendo's mobile business does incredibly well the company will shift focus. If NX isn't a success but Nintendo's mobile outings are a big success it's obvious.

With the declining dedicated handheld market mobile may very well be a huge part of Nintendo's future.

God I hope not.But Nintendo is one company that I trust(more than others anyway) that will remain true to its roots.I mean, we all know Nintendo stuborness to do things their way even if isnt the most effective or profitable way.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Handhelds didn't stopped homeconsoles like N64 or GameCube for having tons of high quality Nintendo games despite their little sisters being around 5 times more successful, mobile can become the new hadheld department for Nintendo, and it would happen the same, specially since this mobile games as I said before will rely strongly on the franchises, and those franchises are big thanks to its console games. 

Oh wow Xd

Wife downloaded the Pokemon Go app. We're now driving around catching pokes. Life is weird.

Nautilus said:
Barkley said:

God I hope not.But Nintendo is one company that I trust(more than others anyway) that will remain true to its roots.I mean, we all know Nintendo stuborness to do things their way even if isnt the most effective or profitable way.

Well if mobile starts bringing in triple the revenue of there dedicated system games it'd be illogical for them not to increase focus and funding on the mobile front. At the end of the day they're a business, they won't put the majority of their focus on a market that is less profitable for them. So really the future of Nintendo comes down to how successful the NX is and how successful their upcoming mobile outings are.

I hope this sends a message to Nintendo - people want their games on phone, not on consoles or handhelds.

Moderated

- Guiduc

Miitomo had a lot of downloads too, but the userbase dropped quickly so it makes me wonder if this game will be similar

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]