By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Go #1 on the charts

How many download will it receive in first month globally?

1 million 2 2.70%

2 million 1 1.35%

3 million 0 0%

4 million 3 4.05%

5 million 6 8.11%

6 million 7 9.46%

7 million 1 1.35%

8 million 2 2.70%

9 million 0 0%

10 million plus 52 70.27%

Total:74

I already predicted 100 million in it's first year

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
think-man said:
Well all this means is that if it's a success they focus more one smartphones than dedicated.

No that's only you trying to get something bad out of something good. The studio that made this game is not even part of Nintendo, they didn't wasted the resources of any of their studios, yet they are about to win a ton of money with it.

Doesn't really mean much. Miitomo topped the charts when it launched as well. Of course, it's Pokemon so you'd expect it to do phenomenally well. Sonic Dash got over 100 million downloads, and Pokemon should hit that out of the park.

Goodnightmoon said:
think-man said:
Well all this means is that if it's a success they focus more one smartphones than dedicated.

No that's only you trying to get something bad out of something good. The studio that made this game is not even part of Nintendo, they didn't wasted the resources of any of their studios, yet they are about to win a ton of money with it.

So Nintendo are going to make successful phone games then use that money to make more 3ds games? 

think-man said:
Goodnightmoon said:

So Nintendo are going to make successful phone games then use that money to make more 3ds games? 

No, Nintendo is gonna make more money and use it on the whole company included 3DS games, NX games, amusement park stuff, films or whatever they want, but it doesn't look like is gonna affect a lot the console department, specially since this mobile games will take profit of nintendo brands, but the reason why this brands are so powerfull is because consoles, Pokemon Go wouldn't be a huge success if Pokemon wasnt already so big thanks to its main games on consoles, if those games dissapear the brand gets weak and the mobile side would not be succesful.

Around the Network

There are even people here in Germany that have the game on their phones and it isnt even available on Europe yet XD

This game is going to be a hit.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Goodnightmoon said:
think-man said:

No, Nintendo is gonna make more money and use it on the whole company included 3DS games, NX games, amusement park stuff, films or whatever they want, but it doesn't look like is gonna affect a lot the console department, specially since this mobile games will take profit of nintendo barnds, but the reason why this brands are so powerfull is because consoles, Pokemon Go wouldn't be a huge success if Pokemon wasnt already so big thanks to its main games on consoles, if those games dissapear the brand gets weak and the mobile side would not be succesful.

Okay, if you say so :)

Congrats Nintendo! :D

It has been clear for a long time that this app would be a huge hit when it launched. I voted 10+ mill in the poll but only because I didn't have the option to vote 100+ mill.

I still hope for that fully fledged HD Pokémon Adventure on NX though.

Kotastic said:

Goddamnit Pokemon Company, get better servers and optimize the app. -_-

With how poorly the app runs, it shouldn't get more than a million. But it'll probably get 10M+ because it's Pokemon.

The servers are meant to only "serve" the countries the game is officially released in. Except everyone is super hyped and went out of their way to get the game through other appstores.

Nautilus said:
There are even people here in Germany that have the game on their phones and it isnt even available on Europe yet XD

This game is going to be a hit.

Same in Spain, is pretty easy to find a way to do it, but you can be banned.