By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Things you expect Nintendo learned from the Wii U?

CaptainExplosion said:
Dunban67 said:

almost as many times as Nintendo repeating the same mistakes AND THEY WILL rpeat many if not all the same mistakes going forward

they have already talked about (in the most recent Investor Q and A) cuting their marketing budget AGAIN

Where's the link?

Give me a minute and i will post it- 

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Dunban67 said:

almost as many times as Nintendo repeating the same mistakes AND THEY WILL rpeat many if not all the same mistakes going forward

they have already talked about (in the most recent Investor Q and A) cuting their marketing budget AGAIN

Where's the link?

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/stock/meeting/160629qa/03.html

let me know if this link works

it is in ref to Q7 - A7

Well from the sounds of it they learned that they can not expect the third party to do anything. And there is already the reorganization Nintendo did with some of its studios and if the tweet from Emily Rodgers(?) is to be believed they made the system with improving the flow of development so they can prevent the bigger holes in their release schedule.

CaptainExplosion said:
Dunban67 said:

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/stock/meeting/160629qa/03.html

let me know if this link works

it is in ref to Q7 - A7

That sounds more like they're trying to come up with cost effective but reliable advertising.

Well every company that advertises tries to do that - so to tell a shareholder that is nt anything other than stating the obvious-

As Kimishimi said, they have lowered thier marketing budget over the last few years to come in line with their lower revenue-  and this latest fiscal year also saw lower revenue so they are having to figure out a smart way to market their products w in shrinming budgets and revenues-

This Q and A just said they are talking about it again  -  but he did not say they will or will not lower it again just considering it-   but if the NX is indeed coming out in Spring of next year the question should be how much will they be raising the marketing budget in order to launch a new console- a console that is probably the most important in ithe companies history or at least  in the last 20 years-  

Marketing is a big complaint of the Wii U but if Nintendo is considering the same or even lower marketing budget than the year before ( a year in which they launched very little of anything)   would not indicate they have learned their lesson on marketing-  but we will see

Dunban67 said:
Guitarguy said:

Gee, haven't heard that exact response a thousand times before either.

So you saw that talk about marketing, but you didn't see in some of recent Q and A when they said that NX will have strong launch lineup and they working hard to not have software droughts!?

About marketing, they basically saying they rethinking the marketing approach, and that actually good thing because this gen (espacily with Wii U at beginning) had bad or weak marketing.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Dunban67 said:

So you saw that talk about marketing, but you didn't see in some of recent Q and A when they said that NX will have strong launch lineup and they working hard to not have software droughts!?

About marketing, they basically saying they rethinking the marketing approach, and that actually good thing because this gen (espacily with Wii U at beginning) had bad or weak marketing.

Yes i saw the part about having more games - obviously that is good of they can follow through-  but my point was they are going to have a hard time improving (much if any) their marketing for the NX if their marketing budget is the same or less than it has been-  It is possible but not likely w out spending more $$ s

don't try to put a gimmick that will make your console too expensive

Be better with third parties, give them the console they need

Don't screw up the first year of your system

Never stop catering to the hardcore gamers

Dunban67 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Yes i saw the part about having more games - obviously that is good of they can follow through-  but my point was they are going to have a hard time improving (much if any) their marketing for the NX if their marketing budget is the same or less than it has been-  It is possible but not likely w out spending more $$ s

Well that marketing budget was split until now on Wii U and 3DS, now Wii U is dead it doesn't need any marketing, 3DS basically have only Pokemon, so they will just redirect almost all marketing resources tower NX, and they basicly said they rethinking marketing approach so that can easily means more effective and stronger marketing even with same or smaller budget.

CaptainExplosion said:
Guitarguy said:

Gee, haven't heard that exact response a thousand times before either.

Wow, you're a little ray of sunshine aren't you?

Just slightly burnt out by Nintendo after so many generations. Hard for me to be optimismistic. Hope I am wrong but I still see a focus on casuals, families, children and a disinterest in attracting third party titles. Their first party games will most likely always be amazing(as seen on the Wii U), I don't think that will ever change. But I don't see the NX being much different from the Wii U in that it will be weaker than the competition, won't have the third party support etc.

What they said they are doing with NX: bringing lots of content is the way.
At least they learned: no more droughts.

other thing: do not release a console at loss. so they can low the price of the console in the mid of its life cicle.