By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Things you expect Nintendo learned from the Wii U?

amiibo are a easy way to make money

tradional third party support doesnt work on a nintendo home console (cod, assassins creed, witcher, gta)

Expensive home consoles are very difficult to sell

Core gamers / core games

Around the Network
Luke888 said:
1-advertise always everything;
2-you can't go much far without third party support

If they realized this two points and adapt consequently then NX will be succesfull

ironically, the wii u was nintendos first try to get good third party relationships. Their whole e3 presentation 2012 was extremly focused on third parties. The games sold horrible and third party support failed.

hopefully:
Hardware.. cant be like 5 times worse than the others
Third party on board - See above
Proper launchtitles
droughts - no spanks.

Arfen said:

1. More advertising

2.More Hype

3. Create more New IP's (Splattoon has proved it works)

4.More matire content

5. Free Online

6. More Storage

7. More third Party support

8. More Exclusive (Bayonetta type)

9. Old franchises return & in the right way

10. Expand they Nintendo Select line constantly

11. Better distribution and redistribuition

12. A price drop is mandatory for games with more time in the market !

13. Region free

1. Yes. Also kind of marketing. Casuals didnt understand concept of wii u, thought the tablet beeing just a  accessoire to the wii like the balance board. XN advertisment will be more focussed on telling casuals what the console is about

2. Maybe

3. Yeah

4. Mature content sold horrible on the wii u. Even excellent games like Bayonetta 2. Childish games like splatoon sold great. They will fouc on cartoony gams rated E. I wont expect any rated m exclusive game made/published by nintendo on nx.

5. Probl yes, but online will be lacking again. Many games wont even get online modes with free online because of "high" server costs (mario part, mario&sonic, star fox, Nintendoland as wii u examples)

6. If they use cardridges you may dont even need installation and maybe dlcs/patches can even be saved dircelty on the cardridge. If not, that yes.

7. Thats what they tried with the wii u. Third party games sold horrible in comparison. They wont rely on third partys again, its definitly not on of their high prios.

8. Nope. More exclusives yes (because of merged systems) but no third party exclusives.

9. hope so

10. That will take some time.

11. -13, could be

Mbolibombo said:
hopefully:
Proper launchtitles
droughts - no spanks.

Thats what nintendo did with the wii u.

Hardware stronger then competition (ps3/xbox 360)

Good third party support in its first year

Mario Bros, Nintendoland and zombiu launch titles (core gamer and casuals)

They wont the the same mistake twice.

Around the Network
hadoram said:
Mbolibombo said:
hopefully:
Proper launchtitles
droughts - no spanks.

Thats what nintendo did with the wii u.

Hardware stronger then competition (ps3/xbox 360)

Good third party support in its first year

Mario Bros, Nintendoland and zombiu launch titles (core gamer and casuals)

They wont the the same mistake twice.

See, Wii U wasnt supposed to compete with PS3 and 360 though.. and that is the third party support they got, last gens.

And those launch titles.. well.. not awful but certainly not good enough.

Mbolibombo said:

See, Wii U wasnt supposed to compete with PS3 and 360 though.. and that is the third party support they got, last gens.

And those launch titles.. well.. not awful but certainly not good enough.

So nx isnt supposed to compete with ps4/xbox one either?

Do you know scorpio and neo are around the corner? Do you really think nintendo will compete with those specs?

They already confirmed that nx will be released no to expensive and without making a loss by selling it and that hardware power isnt their prioritiy with nx.

It got fifa, assassins creed, cod, Deus ex, mass effect, need for speed, splinter cell.... it was decent it the big player were on board.

hadoram said:

Arfen said:

1. More advertising

2.More Hype

3. Create more New IP's (Splattoon has proved it works)

4.More matire content

5. Free Online

6. More Storage

7. More third Party support

8. More Exclusive (Bayonetta type)

9. Old franchises return & in the right way

10. Expand they Nintendo Select line constantly

11. Better distribution and redistribuition

12. A price drop is mandatory for games with more time in the market !

13. Region free

1. Yes. Also kind of marketing. Casuals didnt understand concept of wii u, thought the tablet beeing just a  accessoire to the wii like the balance board. XN advertisment will be more focussed on telling casuals what the console is about

2. Maybe

3. Yeah

4. Mature content sold horrible on the wii u. Even excellent games like Bayonetta 2. Childish games like splatoon sold great. They will fouc on cartoony gams rated E. I wont expect any rated m exclusive game made/published by nintendo on nx.

5. Probl yes, but online will be lacking again. Many games wont even get online modes with free online because of "high" server costs (mario part, mario&sonic, star fox, Nintendoland as wii u examples)

6. If they use cardridges you may dont even need installation and maybe dlcs/patches can even be saved dircelty on the cardridge. If not, that yes.

7. Thats what they tried with the wii u. Third party games sold horrible in comparison. They wont rely on third partys again, its definitly not on of their high prios.

8. Nope. More exclusives yes (because of merged systems) but no third party exclusives.

9. hope so

10. That will take some time.

11. -13, could be

Third parties exclusives is always good. If third parties games sell oorle compared with Nintendo games on Nintendo consoles people will never buy those games for a Nintendo system. But if they have enough and great exclusives only playable int heir system people will find this a reason (an extra one) to buy it.

Nintendo needs to focus more the advertising on games like Xenoblade or Bayonetta.

in terms of hype and advertising Sony is a good mirror to look in.

I don't want An Animal Crossing like the WiiU one

I dont want they forget games like F-zero or Metroid for ages.

Third parties support and exclusives is not just good. it's needed.  It's obviuos Nintendo has great franchises (some of them I love deeply) but if they have to learn something is that they can't mantain a console just by theyselves.

Arfen said:

Third parties exclusives is always good. If third parties games sell oorle compared with Nintendo games on Nintendo consoles people will never buy those games for a Nintendo system. But if they have enough and great exclusives only playable int heir system people will find this a reason (an extra one) to buy it.

Nintendo needs to focus more the advertising on games like Xenoblade or Bayonetta.

Third parties support and exclusives is not just good. it's needed.  It's obviuos Nintendo has great franchises (some of them I love deeply) but if they have to learn something is that they can't mantain a console just by theyselves.

see, i understand that.

YOU dont want them to do xyz.

But by beeing objective, thats not very realistic. Nintendo doesnt have many core gamers (like you). They have a bad reputation in the core gaming section. Their try to get core gamers on board with wii u failed. They wont do that. 

Its not my opinion, i would love if they made basically a ps4 where i can play my nintendo games in 4k. But they wont. they will make a new wii.

hadoram said:
Arfen said:

see, i understand that.

YOU dont want them to do xyz.

But by beeing objective, thats not very realistic. Nintendo doesnt have many core gamers (like you). They have a bad reputation in the core gaming section. Their try to get core gamers on board with wii u failed. They wont do that. 

Its not my opinion, i would love if they made basically a ps4 where i can play my nintendo games in 4k. But they wont. they will make a new wii.

Do you really think they tried? They made some shy steps but not with much effort

I love Mario, Zelda, Donkey and more... And love their stylish (don't need realistic games) but I think they need to return to SNES era in terms of gaming and direction.