By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Things you expect Nintendo learned from the Wii U?

Miyamotoo said:

Captain_Yuri said:
Nothing if I m being honest

Ultrashroomz said:
Knowing Nintendo, nothing.

It very unrealistic to think that Nintendo didn't learn nothing and that they will not change nothing after their worst selling console in their long history.

For instance we know that recognized that Wii U had bad marketing, weak launch titles and software drouths, unapiling gamepad, high price of console...for instance just Zelda BotW is much stronger title than any Wii U title in whole 1st year. Not to mentione that last year or two Nintendo internally and externally making huge changes.

The SNES sold worse than the NES. The N64 sold worse than the SNES. The Gamecube sold worse than the N64. The Wii U sold worse than the Wii (and Gamecube).

Is it really that unrealistic to expect Nintendo to learn from it's mistakes when it's 1/5 on consoles improving sales wise?

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
Miyamotoo said:

It very unrealistic to think that Nintendo didn't learn nothing and that they will not change nothing after their worst selling console in their long history.

For instance we know that recognized that Wii U had bad marketing, weak launch titles and software drouths, unapiling gamepad, high price of console...for instance just Zelda BotW is much stronger title than any Wii U title in whole 1st year. Not to mentione that last year or two Nintendo internally and externally making huge changes.

The SNES sold worse than the NES. The N64 sold worse than the SNES. The Gamecube sold worse than the N64. The Wii U sold worse than the Wii (and Gamecube).

Is it really that unrealistic to expect Nintendo to learn from it's mistakes when it's 1/5 on consoles improving sales wise?

GC was their worst selling console till date, and after GC Nintendo changed strategy and we had their best selling console till date. Now Wii U is fair worst selling Nintendo console with actualy catastrophic sales numbers, so of course that Nintendo will work much harder, and change lots thing in order to have much more popular product than Wii U was. We also seing losta changes reagardles Nintendo, internally and externally.

So yes, it's very unrealistic to expect that multi bilion company that survived on market over 100 years will act like nothing happened after their worst generation and easily their worst selling console ever.

1. We don't need a tablet controller

2. We don't need a gimmick.

3. It needs power.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

hadoram said:
Mbolibombo said:

See, Wii U wasnt supposed to compete with PS3 and 360 though.. and that is the third party support they got, last gens.

And those launch titles.. well.. not awful but certainly not good enough.

So nx isnt supposed to compete with ps4/xbox one either?

Do you know scorpio and neo are around the corner? Do you really think nintendo will compete with those specs?

They already confirmed that nx will be released no to expensive and without making a loss by selling it and that hardware power isnt their prioritiy with nx.

It got fifa, assassins creed, cod, Deus ex, mass effect, need for speed, splinter cell.... it was decent it the big player were on board.

It's not really the same situation at all. Wii U came 6 and 7 years after PS3 and 360. NX wont be as late to the party as that. It will be in competitionwith the PS4/XB1 as well as their upgrades. And those systems wont have any exclusive so if it works on NEO it works on the PS4. Obviously they wont compete with those specs but hopefully have specs around the PS4 and they are good to go. All of those games except Fifa were late ports. You cant call that support.

Miyamotoo said:
potato_hamster said:

GC was their worst selling console till date, and after GC Nintendo changed strategy and we had their best selling console till date. Now Wii U is fair worst selling Nintendo console with actualy catastrophic sales numbers, so of course that Nintendo will work much harder, and change lots thing in order to have much more popular product than Wii U was. We also seing losta changes reagardles Nintendo, internally and externally.

So yes, it's very unrealistic to expect that multi bilion company that survived on market over 100 years will act like nothing happened after their worst generation and easily their worst selling console ever.

.... and the SNES was their worst selling console to date, and at the time, it was their worst generation and easily their worst selling console ever
.... and the N64 was their worst selling console to date, and at the time, it was their worst generation and easily their worst selling console ever.
.... and the GC was their worst selling console to date, and at the time, it was their worst generation and easily their worst selling console ever.

It's a very similar situation with handhelds.

See I'm looking at the bigger picture. You're looking at the Wii and not treating it as the anomaly in Nintendo's history that so far it has been. It's more realistic to expect Nintendo to make a console that sells at or around GC levels (because let's face it, the Wii U sold worse than anyone could ever imagine, and it's unrealistic that Nintendo will make anything that ever sells worse than that) than it is to expect Nintendo to sell a console that's at or around Wii levels.

But let's be clear - GC level sales are still terrible.

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
1. We don't need a tablet controller (because its too expensive a controller)

3. It needs power.  It needs high value & affordable price point.

The problem is the value aspect of the Wii U is low.

Its game library is smaller than the XB1 or PS4's, and its less powerfull system.

To sell, its price should reflect that = value. The problem is it doesnt.

I agree with nr2 fully.

A nintendo that does a console much like a PS4, but perphaps cheaper, is a winner.

Nintendo doesnt need a gimmick to sell, they just need "3rd party" + their own games on the system.

JRPGfan said:
Cloudman said:
1. We don't need a tablet controller (because its too expensive a controller)

3. It needs power.  It needs high value & affordable price point.

The problem is the value aspect of the Wii U is low.

Its game library is smaller than the XB1 or PS4's, and its less powerfull system.

To sell, its price should reflect that = value. The problem is it doesnt.

I agree with nr2 fully.

A nintendo that does a console much like a PS4, but perphaps cheaper, is a winner.

Nintendo doesnt need a gimmick to sell, they just need "3rd party" + their own games on the system.

Well, I did list more power with 3rd parties in mind. I think that's one aspect stopping 3rd parties from making games on Ninten's systems. It's too weak to do what they want, and they won't be willing to work around it. Whatever makes it easier for 3rd party to be involved, that's what I'd hope for.

Also, I noted the gamepad because probably nobody wanted it, especially 3rd parties. It's just too much work for them to be creative with it. 1 goes more in line with 2, which is "We don't need gimmicks"

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
JRPGfan said:

Well, I did list more power with 3rd parties in mind. I think that's one aspect stopping 3rd parties from making games on Ninten's systems. It's too weak to do what they want, and they won't be willing to work around it. Whatever makes it easier for 3rd party to be involved, that's what I'd hope for.

Also, I noted the gamepad because probably nobody wanted it, especially 3rd parties. It's just too much work for them to be creative with it. 1 goes more in line with 2, which is "We don't need gimmicks"

Im not really a fan of the gamepad.

I prefer the pro controller.

My main gripe with it though, is that they used 100$ to make that gamepad.

The Wii U could have been like 100$ cheaper in shops if they had used a normal controller instead.

Sales of Wii U consoles would have been much higher, if throughout its life, it had been that much cheaper.

JRPGfan said:
Cloudman said:

Im not really a fan of the gamepad.

I prefer the pro controller.

My main gripe with it though, is that they used 100$ to make that gamepad.

The Wii U could have been like 100$ cheaper in shops if they had used a normal controller instead.

Sales of Wii U consoles would have been much higher, if throughout its life, it had been that much cheaper.

Surprisingly, I'm pretty down with the gamepad. It's had some interesting uses and off screen play is pretty cool as well. Though I know it's likely the reason for the Wii U being a total failure, and I'm okay with that. It was a nice idea I'm glad Nintendo tried.

Dance my pretties!

What I hope for
-Awesome launch titles
-Full third party support
-Trophies (honestly this has effected many of my multiplat purchases)
-Market, advertise, and market
-Less droughts
-If NX has a gimmick then to actually make games using that gimmick, not like with the Wii U which they couldnt bother thinking of ideas

What I expect
-Paid online
-third party amiibo

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda