By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you buy the Nintendo NX? (Poll)

Would you buy the Nintendo NX?

YES OF COURSE! On release date 283 36.80%

Yes, but not on release date 185 24.06%

I dont know 161 20.94%

No 140 18.21%

Total:769
Ultrashroomz said:
As long as Smash 5 is confirmed for the NX, I'm pretty much gonna get regardless of how well the console itself performs.

I guess it depends on how long the NX's lifecycle is. If it can't even go 5 years without a sucessor launched, we might not get Smash.

I think it is pretty likely we will get a Game of the Year Edition of Smash 4 with all the DLC and maybe all the 3DS stages and Wii U stages on one disc. That would be great for Nintendo to release in 2017. Maybe they could add one or two additional characters as well.

I don't think we will get Smash 5 until at least 2019, maybe even 2020. If you look at the release cycle of the series it's Q1/Q2 1999, Q4 2001, Q1 2008, Q3/Q4 2014. Every sequel released after Melee has taken over 6 years to release. Smash is a franchise that we have to bide our time with.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Pemalite said:

It needs to meet various conditions before I buy it... Like.
1) A traditional control scheme, or that as the main option at-least.
2) Hardware that competes with the other consoles so they aren't excluded from Multiplats.
3) Compelling price.

I would also like Backwards compatability, there are a few generations of Nintendo devices I haven't owned and would like to catch up on a few franchises.

I don't mean to pick on you, Pemalite, but this seems as good a post as any to quote. Since you can play most multiplats on your PC, why does NX need to be powerful enough to support multiplatform games to warrant a purchase?

Because I don't consider a console a replacement for my PC and I don't consider my PC as a replacement for a console, rather than having them compete against each other, they can complement each other.

Besides, I buy a game more than once across all platforms I own fairly often.

On top of that, the Wii U has had tons of exclusives and not much in the way of multiplats... Yet has faltered to gain any kind of real momentum, so Multiplats are obviously a vital important to millions of gamers if franchises like Assassins Creed, Call of Duty, Far Cry, Battlefield etc' are anything to go by.

Ultimately I would like to see all consoles do well, more competition is a great thing to lower prices and keep company's humble, works out better for the consumers which are us.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I don't mean to pick on you, Pemalite, but this seems as good a post as any to quote. Since you can play most multiplats on your PC, why does NX need to be powerful enough to support multiplatform games to warrant a purchase?

Because I don't consider a console a replacement for my PC and I don't consider my PC as a replacement for a console, rather than having them compete against each other, they can complement each other.

On top of that, the Wii U has had tons of exclusives and not much in the way of multiplats... Yet has faltered to gain any kind of real momentum, so Multiplats are obviously a vital important to millions of gamers if franchises like Assassins Creed, Call of Duty, Far Cry, Battlefield etc' are anything to go by.

Ultimately I would like to see all consoles do well, more competition is a great thing to lower prices and keep company's humble, works out better for the consumers which are us.

Oh I agree about all of that. Consoles and PC are excellent bedfellows, and competition is good for all of us.

Do you have an XOne or PS4? You could get console multiplats on those.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Pemalite said:

Oh I agree about all of that. Consoles and PC are excellent bedfellows, and competition is good for all of us.

Do you have an XOne or PS4? You could get console multiplats on those.

I have had an XOne for a couple years now, still would like the NX if it fits into what I want out of it though.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I could consider it if it has enough good games I think I could like, it's reasonably cheap and it's region-free.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

Almost assuredly not right off the bat, unless it launches with some ridiculously good titles (and before anyone says Zelda, titles that aren't available for another console).

Probably later on at some point, though there's a chance I might pass on it altogether if Metroid and Smash pass it up entirely.

All depends what the NX is, how Nintendo will manage it, the games and the price.

I for sure want Zelda sooo im going to get one for sure. However i dont know when. I dont want one at launch as i have so much other things i plan to play but it can be holiday 2017 to when the NX gets a price drop.

Im not sold on the NX as a gaming station id spend alot of time with so im willing to wait.