By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you buy the Nintendo NX? (Poll)

Would you buy the Nintendo NX?

YES OF COURSE! On release date 283 36.80%

Yes, but not on release date 185 24.06%

I dont know 161 20.94%

No 140 18.21%

Total:769

Considering it'll probably be underpowered compared to Neo and PS5, which it is supposed to actually be competing with, not at launch. If they throw in B/C with Wii U and it gets cheap enough, like $249-$299, I'll definitely pick it up.

Around the Network

I am not a ninrendo fan so I need more than just being a nintendo console. Need to know about the product and price as well as other stuff that wont mention here.

This is exactly what's wrong with people today. They don't even know what a product is and they already decided they will buy it anyway.

Corporation trained consumers well. We basically are a bunch of 7 yo with a wallet...

I buy consoles if they have games I like, not because of company loyalty. So far, I only know of one game the NX has that I would like to play, so it's impossible for me to say that I'll buy it.

However, if NX follows the recent trend of Nintendo consoles and only has a few exclusives I care about while offering a meager selection of third-party titles, then that "undecided" will likely become a "no". Time will tell.

pokoko said:
I buy consoles if they have games I like, not because of company loyalty. So far, I only know of one game the NX has that I would like to play, so it's impossible for me to say that I'll buy it.

However, if NX follows the recent trend of Nintendo consoles and only has a few exclusives I care about while offering a meager selection of third-party titles, then that "undecided" will likely become a "no". Time will tell.

I agree, but wouldn't you say that loyalty is predicated on the company in question supporting games one likes?

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Barkley said:

No one even knows what it is..... yet only 13% of the votes so far are "I don't know" ridiculous.

We already know the most important thing, that it will play Nintendo games.

Yep basically! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I probably will. I thought I was going to skip out on Wii U but then I realized I couldn't live without Smashh and Pikmin 3. So I will probably get it after a year or so. Probably after Pikmin 4 and Smash NX. However if they have cartridges I might get it Day 1.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Veknoid_Outcast said:
pokoko said:

I agree, but wouldn't you say that loyalty is predicated on the company in question supporting games one likes?

It certainly fuels interest, no doubt about that, and I have no problem with someone saying they'll probably buy a console based on history.  However, for me, I'm just not going to make that decision until those games are announced.  That's just how I feel.  I've never bought a console at launch or even in the first year.  I wait until the library builds (although I did jump the gun on the PS3 because I thought TLG was on the way (and I got a $100 off)).  I still don't own a current gen console because I don't think any of them have reached that point in terms of exclusives yet.  That's just my own personal outlook on consoles.  Granted, I do have a gaming PC for third-party games, which make up most of my favorite franchises.

lordsynbios said:
I've owned every Nintendo console without hesitation, however this one I need to see something from. Sure Zelda looks great, but I'll likely have just as fun an experience on WiiU and save myself around £300 in the process. I do want them to wow me with NX but we shall see.

^ This for me, for the first time ever. Had every other console day 1.

I'd most likely buy it in support of my favorite company, unless it's an absolute disaster (non-existent launch lineup, etc.) Once they show me what it is and what the launch games, I'm sure I'll be ready to hand over my money. Maybe not day 1, but at least month 1.

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P