By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the gaming company that milks gamers the most?

EA and Activision, no one even comes close.

Around the Network

It's between EA and Activision, but I think EA is a bit worse

Sony

Gamefreak.

I find the way the handled the IP appalling.

Nintendo. Only ones able to force you to buy a useless piece of plastic that plays their games and their games only. And their game prices never drop.

User was moderated for this post

-Super_Boom

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Nintendo. Only ones able to force you to buy a useless piece of plastic that plays their games and their games only. And their game prices never drop.

Nintendo is ripe for criticism in a number of areas: DLC, season passes, locking content behind Amiibo, etc.

But I'm not sure you can make a convincing case that selling dedicated hardware is milking, especially when something like WiiU supports over 700 games, over 300 of which are multiplatform. That's not a plastic box that plays Nintendo games only.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
vivster said:

Nintendo is ripe for criticism in a number of areas: DLC, season passes, locking content behind Amiibo, etc.

But I'm not sure you can make a convincing case that selling dedicated hardware is milking, especially when something like WiiU supports over 700 games, over 300 of which are multiplatform. That's not a plastic box that plays Nintendo games only.

Well it plays 400 Nintendo games and 300 multiplatform games worse than on any other platform.

Remember when Oculus made people buy a specific piece of hardware to play its games? Remember the outrage? At least they play all other games as well.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

EA, Activision, SE, Ubisoft, Konami etc.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

vivster said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Well it plays 400 Nintendo games and 300 multiplatform games worse than on any other platform.

Remember when Oculus made people buy a specific piece of hardware to play its games? Remember the outrage? At least they play all other games as well.

So are you saying that Nintendo is milking consumers because its hardware is less powerful than the competition? And that it's also guilty of milking because Nintendo hardware is required to play Nintendo software?

No one mentioned Capcom? Just look at Street Fighter V

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3