By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Has Iron Man reached Batman, Superman, Spidey level of popularity?

Is Iron Man as popular as Batman, Spiderman and Superman?

Yes 53 39.26%

No 59 43.70%

Bye bye Downey Jr. and bye bye Iron Man 23 17.04%

Total:135

Iron Man poupolarity is popularity increasing this generation.

Right now, it's not at Superman or Batman level... in a near future? Who know!

Around the Network

On film he has. The average person doesn't know his real name or can even name a single foe of his, though.

Right now I'd say he is, yeah.

AbbathTheGrim said:

And can the superhero survive a Robert Downey Jr-less incarnation?

Nope.

Iron man is popular, but his acting and character  is what helped it explode

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

I'd say go to the mall.
How many Iron Man T-Shirts do you see?
Go to the toy store. How much Iron Man merch are they selling relative to other heroes?
Go to the comics shop. How many comics does Iron Man star in per month?
Look on TV. How many solo Iron Man series have there been in recent years? How many team shows?
How many video games?

That should give you a pretty good idea how iconic he is.

Around the Network

Well, his last solo movie took in $1.2 billion at the box office, compared to the ~$870 million of a movie featuring both Batman and Superman (which even had a couple more years of inflation on its side). Granted, BvS was much more critically derided, but that's still a mighty impressive feat for a formely-B-list character.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

He's up there with Batman and Spiderman.

Superman isn't there.

Not quite, but he's getting there. Downey Jr.'s portrayal and the critical acclaim of the MCU ad a whole definitely helped. But right now I'd say he's tied for #4 with Wolverine.

nah not yet

Superman is just too insanely iconic, go to any Convention or store and there will be products of him in any part of the world. Batman similarly- look at the Batman movies or the video games or even comics- way bigger than Iron Man

lately arguably Iron Man has been as significant as SPiderman however I think thats more the Robert Downey Jr. effect. people LOVE RBJ. Without him I think the Iron Man character would be weakened extremely and I can't really say the same would effect any of the other characters (losing a certain actor).

basically you have to ask yourself- which is more popular lately- Iron Man or Robert Downey Jr? and I think its safe to say people just really really like Robert Downey Jr.

I would argue that Downey isn't even acting THAT much. the role was perfect for him because he has had a torn rich boy alcoholic life at times. 

I think he has. Box office shows it. Popularity among kids shows it. I see more Iron Man than Batman, Superman, and even Spiderman.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)