By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Nem said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

If you actually believe that, you are a fool. I have nothing more to say.

Sigh... no i'm not. And you don't even have an argument. Fool would be the one that discriminates and murders others in the name of a non-existant god based on a book written by old scribes whose objective was to control the masses to prevent chaos. If you think because it includes "be good" it excuses the "except in these situations"? You don't need a book to let you know you should be good.

Have a good life and God bless.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Around the Network

It causes the most problems at the moment cos there's almost no secularism in the muslim world. Turkey and Indonesia are the only remotely secular muslim-majority countries. Turkey now has a dictator it seems.
Not looking bright.
Needs a reformation where they separate religion from politics and religion from science, as Christianity did in Europe.

I try not to think about Islam

Lube Me Up

Nem said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

If you actually believe that, you are a fool. I have nothing more to say.

Sigh... no i'm not. And you don't even have an argument. Fool would be the one that discriminates and murders others in the name of a non-existant god based on a book written by old scribes whose objective was to control the masses to prevent chaos. If you think because it includes "be good" it excuses the "except in these situations"? You don't need a book to let you know you should be good.

I always wondered about that part.  I feel like they were all duped and needed to believe something to describe how things were.  They had forms of governing back then in terms of basic laws as well.

Lube Me Up

It sucks and should be gotten rid of.

Any time you have something that is above question, be it Allah, Jesus, Kim Jon Il, a particular political system, or an infallible nation, the end result is going to be bad.

Around the Network
vivster said:

Just another religion abused by deranged idiots to justify murder.

My thoughts exactly

Pemalite said:

Leviticus is Old Testament, which Islam and Judaism is derived form, they share over 50 of the same characters, have allot of the same "events" etc'.
It is only natural for them to show an extreme amount of similarities.

But yes, the Bibles Old Testament is against Pork. "And the pig, though it has a divided hoof, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you."

Keep in mind, they are all Abrahamic religions... But where Christianity and thus the Bible "evolve" over the other two religions is with the New Testament, the Bible states that the Old Testament is no longer relevent, especially the Mosaic laws and should thus never be taken literally. (People still do: Re: Homosexuality.)

With that said, you have Christian Extremists and Terrorists, Judaism extremists and Terrorists, even Buddhist extremists, it's not the religions that are at fault, the fault lays with the individuals who... For the lack of a better word, lack a degree of intelligence and common sense. Aka. They are stupid.

Islamiphobia though does need to end, Muslims should also take a more proactive stance in that regard in the Western world and fight to change peoples opinions by setting good examples and education.
At the end of the day we all bleed the same colour of blood and should be treated with respect, regardless of sexuality, gender, religious affiliation, race, wealth and more.

Agreed. Irrational fear won't be good for anyone.

Besides, all data suggest that we're changing them a lot more than they are changing us.

I LOVE ICELAND!

ohmylanta1003 said:
Nem said:

Have a good life and God bless.

I wish he did.

LMU Uncle Alfred said:
Nem said:

I always wondered about that part.  I feel like they were all duped and needed to believe something to describe how things were.  They had forms of governing back then in terms of basic laws as well.

Yup, but the problem was they had no way to enforce said laws across vast lands. There were no efficient and speedy transportation methods nor was there efficient communication methods to enforce said laws. Can you imagine the logistics necessary to have trials? Influence could only be exerted near the places of power. Therefore the only way was to have people "police" themselves/each other. How? Through fear, of course. Wich is why we get hells and purgatories on these story books.

Nem said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

That was never my logic, lol. I never said religion had it right. I simply told you billions of people practice a religions and to say it only brings about negativity is ludicrous.

It does only bring about negatives. It was a tool to control the masses and have them police themselves as control wasn't possible to exert any other way in ancient civilizations. Nowadays we have laws and police forces. Theres no upside to religion because all that it could do that is good is poisoned with racism and murderous rules.

So, no. Theres no good to religion.

Nem, come on man, that isn't even remotely true. 

Don't you see by saying such absolute statements, that you are acting like an extremist yourself? 

I'm not going to try and debate you over this because I know it never gets either person anywhere but I do hope that you see that it isn't as black and white as you make it out to be.