By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda breath of the wild map bigger than Witcher 3 and Skyrim?

Bigger than Skyrim? yes. Skyrim is only 12 square miles, it's not that big just well used and cut up. Bigger than Witcher 3? Dificult to say.

Around the Network
onionberry said:

The game will have a lot of content! i can bet my ass, and my ass is mine... nobody touches my ass.

Shall I take this as an official bet?

Is only theoretical at the moment, but hopefully all the areas are filled with stuff to do!

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Wright said:
onionberry said:

was ready for that bait already :p

To be fair, it's not that much of a bait. Having kilometers and kilometers of land without anything worthwhile to do on it isn't fun. One can hope Anouma knows how to properly expand activities across it, but still, it's something worth considering.

And what's with the youtube video title. Even if 360km2 is very big, there are plenty of games that surpass that number!

All open world games have this issue, more than others though. Witcher 3 had tons of pointless land, and skyrim to some extent. Hopefully Zelda does it resonably well.

onionberry said:
Captain_Yuri said:
That would be epic if its really that big!

plus this game has a lot of vertical areas with various layers in one area, witcher 3 and skyrim have plane surfaces most of the time! can't wait to see the content.

Like half of Skyrim is subterranean (dungeons, caves, etc.). And it's populated relatively well. Plus, it's 5 years old so BotW should theoretically be able to pull it off considering it's already been done. 

Around the Network
Wright said:
onionberry said:

was ready for that bait already :p

To be fair, it's not that much of a bait. Having kilometers and kilometers of land without anything worthwhile to do on it isn't fun. One can hope Anouma knows how to properly expand activities across it, but still, it's something worth considering.

And what's with the youtube video title. Even if 360km2 is very big, there are plenty of games that surpass that number!

Nah man. I want BotW to have a 10000km overworld. That way I can say BotW > GTA V and people will believe me.  

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Okie_Loki said:
onionberry said:

plus this game has a lot of vertical areas with various layers in one area, witcher 3 and skyrim have plane surfaces most of the time! can't wait to see the content.

Like half of Skyrim is subterranean (dungeons, caves, etc.). And it's populated relatively well. Plus, it's 5 years old so BotW should theoretically be able to pull it off considering it's already been done. 

Well yeah if you count all the interiors Skyrim's size goes up but that's normally not what's being debated since it's nearly impossible to measure with any accuracy.  The size of Skyrim's overworld is actually surprisingly small, only 12 square miles.  

I don't say this to downplay, but I don't care too much about big worlds anymore. Skyrim was more than big enough, the important part is what's in the world.

Still smaller than Daggerfall and that game is 20 years old, so pffft!

=D

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

that will be great indeed!

Switch!!!