By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda breath of the wild map bigger than Witcher 3 and Skyrim?

onionberry said:
MoHasanie said:
I don't want it to be that big. Maps that are too large become overwhelming and involve too much walking/travelling. Plus they take forever to finish.

then you are not ready for this adventure, my friend :(

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
I don't want it to be that big. Maps that are too large become overwhelming and involve too much walking/travelling. Plus they take forever to finish.

I don't even think that is an issue with this game, if you've been following what Nintendo has stated during e3. You can literally go to the final boss shortly after you start the game. Seeing as you probably won't be that prepared for the battle you will most likely die, but they state it is in deed possible for one to play the game how they like.

MoHasanie said:
onionberry said:

then you are not ready for this adventure, my friend :(

you can play the game with your own style, 10 hours or for 100 hours, the choice is yours.

Ck1x said:
MoHasanie said:

I don't even think that is an issue with this game, if you've been following what Nintendo has stated during e3. You can literally go to the final boss shortly after you start the game. Seeing as you probably won't be that prepared for the battle you will most likely die, but they state it is in deed possible for one to play the game how they like.

That's good to know. I usually spend 30-40 hrs max on games before getting sick of them. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Ive said it before and Ill say it again.

ZELDA BREATH OF DA WILD GAME OF DA YEAR 2017!!

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:

In every Zelda game you have multiple different methods for traveling (walking, horse, flying, boat...) and you have teleporting, its said that those shrines (they are more than 100 of them in world) will be also used like teleport points also.

Nintendo already said you can go right away to final boss if you want, but most likely you would not do well if you do that. :)

Dr.Vita said:

Bigger than The Witcher 3 and Skyrim? Good for Zelda!
But it is going to be impossible for Zelda to top the awesomeness of The Witcher 3 and Skyrim.

For 3DS Zelda never really was problem to top some other game, especially actually great Zelda. ;)

Wright said:
Pavolink said:
I hope people was able to see in the trailer that the land mass is "empty" because that's the design of the game. The objective is to explore and be rewarded finding something cool, not that every inch will have something interesting.

There will be a lot of times during the game where you will walk for minutes and nothing will be in your way (outside of maybe some animals).

I'm ok with that, but can see from miles aways the ignorant comments about how the game is barren.

The problem here is balance. When you start playing you'll try hoarding every single thing you can get your hands on, so probably those first ten hours will be as joyful as any other, but with the extra of finding nice secrets and early-gear that will help your cause. What about when Link becomes OP? What about when you get unbreakable weapons, like the Master Sword (because I doubt that weapon can be broken)? What about when you have the ultimate armor? Will that balance still remain, or it will be a damn chore to get across the world and your only motivation is triggering the next story segment? Will Anouma make the world scale with you or it will become, inevitable, barren?

How you know that problem is here balance!? Do you realise that whole Great Plateau region from Demo is basically just a tutorial, where Links get familiar with mechanics, weapons, enemies, shrines...do you relly thing whole world is exatly same like Platue region!? Off course not, Link will find stronger weapons and armor, but also there will much stronger enemies and mini bosses, much harder shrines and dungeons... Even Guardians at Plateau with one shot take you if I saw correct 7 pieces of heart, Nintendo also said there a places on that you cant go if you are weak.

Miyamotoo said:

How you know that problem is here balance!? Do you realise that whole Great Plateau region from Demo is basically just a tutorial, where Links get familiar with mechanics, weapons, enemies, shrines...do you relly thing whole world is exatly same like Platue region!? Off course not, Link will find stronger weapons and armor, but also there will much stronger enemies and mini bosses, much harder shrines and dungeons... Even Guardians at Plateau with one shot take you if I saw correct 7 pieces of heart, Nintendo also said there a places on that you cant go if you are weak.

The problem with open-world games will always be balance, hence why I made a generalization, I was not just talking about Breath of the Wild. You can obviously try and tell me that progression system will work perfectly fine, but neither you or me know about that until we actually play the game. Zelda franchise has never been a very difficult one, and how Anouma wishes to punish or gratificate players should somewhat make the world scale with it or else, again, we'll face the problem that the open-world will become barren at one point, being nothing than an annoyance that stands in the middle between Link and his next destination.

The amazing Zelda gameplay in such a big world is definitely something that excites me a lot. What they showed of the Great plateau was really interesting and didn't feel empty at all. I'm betting the rest of the game's world will be even more interesting than the plateau. I can't wait to see the towns and NPC's. I'll spend so many hours in this game.