By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Sunset Overdrive 2. Insomniac confirms its not in development.

How about a PS4 port?

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
How about a PS4 port?

I would say that's possible but only if the game follows a similar route to the Mass Effect trilogy. EA was blocked from selling Mass Effect as a stand alone game on PS3 but it was able to bundle it as part of a Mass effect trilogy release. If Insomniac makes a multiplatform SO2, then they could release a SO collection bundle for PS4 which is SO2 and SO sold as one package.

I doubt very much that MS will allow a straight port to PS4.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

They probably won't be able to make a sequel this gen considering what's on their plate. There's always next gen.

binary solo said:
Does MS own the IP, or do they just have exclusivity for the first game?

IMO a multiplatform SO2 would sell enough to be profitable, especially putting it on NX as well as PS4, Xb one and PC. I'd certainly be up for it. I think it's a shame that Insomniac has been put on Spider man duty. I hope they actually wanted it and tendered for it.

They're an independent studio, it's not like Sony could force them to make a game for spidey. Reading up about this game from Gaf anyway, the team seems super excited and are hinting that this will be the pinnacle of everything they've done prior. 

binary solo said:
Mystro-Sama said:
How about a PS4 port?

I would say that's possible but only if the game follows a similar route to the Mass Effect trilogy. EA was blocked from selling Mass Effect as a stand alone game on PS3 but it was able to bundle it as part of a Mass effect trilogy release. If Insomniac makes a multiplatform SO2, then they could release a SO collection bundle for PS4 which is SO2 and SO sold as one package.

I doubt very much that MS will allow a straight port to PS4.

That would be cool.

Around the Network

The first one wasn't that great. Very "this is what the kids are into these days, right?... right?!"
But that's fine, I want them focusing on that Spider-Man game. I want them to make damn sure it lives up to what we know a Spider-Man game can be when there's actual effort involved.

binary solo said:

IMO a multiplatform SO2 would sell enough to be profitable, especially putting it on NX as well as PS4, Xb one and PC. I'd certainly be up for it. I think it's a shame that Insomniac has been put on Spider man duty. I hope they actually wanted it and tendered for it.

It's not like they would do it if they didn't want it...

Kerotan said:
Pemalite said:

Such sad news.
Sunset Overdrive was a fantastic game, amazing art, decent gameplay with some original mechanics and lots of tongue-in-cheek humor.
Downside was that it was a collect-a-thon, but that is easily forgivable.

It should have released on more platforms to appeal to a larger audience and attract more gamers for the sequel as this is one of the bad sides of exclusivity if it doesn't do well on 1 platform.

Sounds like you would enjoy ratchet and clank ps4. You should get it.  

No.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Kerotan said:

Sounds like you would enjoy ratchet and clank ps4. You should get it.  

No.

Haa haa! :) Straight to the point.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Teeqoz said:
binary solo said:

It's not like they would do it if they didn't want it...

Why would you "not" want to be known as the team that does Spiderman?

Its a huge IP, and a big oppertunity for Insomniac.

Theres more potentially money & prestige in makeing a spiderman game, than a Sunset Overdrive one.