By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Sunset Overdrive 2. Insomniac confirms its not in development.

SWORDF1SH said:
Chris Hu said:

What exclusive Playstation game ever came out on PC I'm not aware of any.  There might be a few Sony games available on PC but none of them where on Playstation consoles.

I'm getting lost now. Are you referring to exclusive made by third parties of exclusives made by 1st party developers? Remedy isn't owned by MS

Remedy might not be owned by MS but they are closer to being second party then third party since I can't see them making multiplatform games anytime soon. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:

Sounds like you would enjoy ratchet and clank ps4. You should get it.  

Sunset Overdrive is completly different from Ratchet and Clank so it would be kinda silly to assume that just because you like Sunset Overdrive you also would like Ratchet and Clank.  I liked Sunst Overdrive and I tried a couple of demos for Ratchet and Clank games and didn't really enjoyed them so I have no plans to actually ever try to play a full Ratchet and Clank game.

Ratchet and clank and Spider-Man full steam ahead for insomniac baby!! Good to be a PS4 owner ;)

Chris Hu said:
SWORDF1SH said:

I'm getting lost now. Are you referring to exclusive made by third parties of exclusives made by 1st party developers? Remedy isn't owned by MS

Remedy might not be owned by MS but they are closer to being second party then third party since I can't see them making multiplatform games anytime soon. 

So you are referring to third party developers. I thought you might of been getting confused that Remedy is owned by MS since Sony has a lot of console exclusives that are also on PC. The most notable one coming up No Mans Sky.

BTW do you think that only releasing on the Windows Stores for PC is a big draw anyway? If they made a game for Sony, Sony wouldn't have an issue if they released on Steam. So I actually think Sony would suit them more if you claim they like to release on PC.

Chris Hu said:
SWORDF1SH said:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/8/11882608/remedy--alan-wake-new-games

"We finally have two teams, which has been a long-time goal for Remedy and we definitely want to make more games," said Johannes Paloheimo, Remedy’s business director. "We don’t want to take five years to ship a game. It’s been a long process, trying to transition into a two team studio, but now we can make more games faster and diversify both financially and creatively."

"The first game is in active development with a brand new partner, not long-time publisher Microsoft, and Paloheimo said it is a new IP, a AAA game, but declined to say much more than that."

"We have to respect our partner and it’s up to them to decide when they want to talk about the game," he said.

The other game is also AAA and is in the concept stage with no solid plans yet for how to publish it, Paloheimo said.

Sounds like Remedy is going multiplatform to me.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
Kerotan said:

Sunset Overdrive is completly different from Ratchet and Clank so it would be kinda silly to assume that just because you like Sunset Overdrive you also would like Ratchet and Clank.  I liked Sunst Overdrive and I tried a couple of demos for Ratchet and Clank games and didn't really enjoyed them so I have no plans to actually ever try to play a full Ratchet and Clank game.

SO is very similar from gameplay,  to weapons,  to the graphics,  to the humour.  He would love it. 

He seems a big fan of insomniac now.  He really should get their other games on ps4, ratchet and the upcoming spiderman which looks epic.  they seem to be a ps4 exclusive dev again going forward.  Would be a shame if he missed out. 

Blood_Tears said:
Chris Hu said:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/8/11882608/remedy--alan-wake-new-games

"We finally have two teams, which has been a long-time goal for Remedy and we definitely want to make more games," said Johannes Paloheimo, Remedy’s business director. "We don’t want to take five years to ship a game. It’s been a long process, trying to transition into a two team studio, but now we can make more games faster and diversify both financially and creatively."

"The first game is in active development with a brand new partner, not long-time publisher Microsoft, and Paloheimo said it is a new IP, a AAA game, but declined to say much more than that."

"We have to respect our partner and it’s up to them to decide when they want to talk about the game," he said.

The other game is also AAA and is in the concept stage with no solid plans yet for how to publish it, Paloheimo said.

Sounds like Remedy is going multiplatform to me.

I'm pretty sure that they are still going to make exclusive games for MS also so they are still closer to being second party then third party.

Chris Hu said:
Kerotan said:

Lol. Are you kidding? It's the same studio, with very  similar gameplay. If ANYTHING Sunset Overdrive is like an open world Ratchet and Clank. You're just coming off like a fanboy now.

User was moderated for this post ~ CGI

Dyllyo said:
Chris Hu said:

Lol. Are you kidding? It's the same studio, with very  similar gameplay. If ANYTHING Sunset Overdrive is like an open world Ratchet and Clank. You're just coming off like a fanboy now.

I'm not a fanboy the gameplay isn't very similar since Sunset Overdrive is a mixture of Jet Set/Grind Radio and Dead Rising and the Ratchet and Clank games are totally different you can't grind rails or do various other combo's in any of the Ratchet and Clank games.

patronmacabre said:
I honestly get the feeling that Sony is the only company that has faith in Insomniac as a developer sometimes.

Sunset Overdrive was a good game with good ideas, but it definitely felt rushed and incomplete. And their other third party games were kind of bad.

MS had enough faith to fund their game and let Insomniac keep the IP. If Sony were willing to let Insomniac keep their IP, we probably don't even see SO on Xbone. Not pooing on Sony here, just stating facts.

I'm gonna agree with Chris regarding gameplay. The only real likeness they share are crazy weapons and collecting things. The core gameplay of SO is almost a score attack/time trial style, nothing like R&C in many aspects.