By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Sunset Overdrive 2. Insomniac confirms its not in development.

Bandorr said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

MS had enough faith to fund their game and let Insomniac keep the IP. If Sony were willing to let Insomniac keep their IP, we probably don't even see SO on Xbone. Not pooing on Sony here, just stating facts.

I'm gonna agree with Chris regarding gameplay. The only real likeness they share are crazy weapons and collecting things. The core gameplay of SO is almost a score attack/time trial style, nothing like R&C in many aspects.

Can you link to the source where Microsoft said they let InSomniac keep their IP because of the amount of Faith they had in them?

If they didn't have faith then why would they fund the IP and allow Insomniac to keep it? lol

Or do you think MS had no faith in Insomniac, and that's why they funded their game and allowed the to keep the IP? What a bizarre strategy that is :)

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

If they didn't have faith then why would they fund the IP and allow Insomniac to keep it? lol

Or do you think MS had no faith in Insomniac, and that's why they funded their game and allowed the to keep the IP? What a bizarre strategy that is :)

So that's a no then?

So you have one statement with no source to back it up, based purely on conjecture. And another one based purely on a guess.. that uses the word "probably".

Do you actually know the definition of fact? It seems like you do not.

Its based on common sense, and confirmation from Insomniac that they went with MS because of the IP :)

Or maybe you believe Insomniac pitched SO to MS and MS decided to not only back them financially but also let them keep the IP for some reason other than faith? So they just decided to support Insomniac for the hell of it? lol. You seem awfully caught up on such a simple observation.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Bandorr said:

Can you link to the source where Microsoft said they let InSomniac keep their IP because of the amount of Faith they had in them?

It has nothing to do with faith. Perhaps MS didn't "allow" anything. It was just a part of that deal between MS and Insomniac. Just how sony doesn't own No Man's Sky but covered the marketing of it for exclusivity. 

Bandorr said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Its based on common sense, and confirmation from Insomniac that they went with MS because of the IP :)

Or maybe you believe Insomniac pitched SO to MS and MS decided to not only back them financially but also let them keep the IP for some reason other than faith? So they just decided to support Insomniac for the hell of it? lol. You seem awfully caught up on such a simple observation.

Just interested in seeing if you actually had any sources or information for your "Facts". As I can see you clearly don't and at best are making guesses.

First, I'm glad you edited out your console warz BS from this post and the post below this one. It was, honestly, embarassing to read. And as your edit says, unneeded.

Also, I already stated the facts. They funded the game. They allowed Insomniac to keep the IP. I can throw some other facts out, like they marketed the shit out of the game, and had a Sunset Overdrive bundle at launch of the game. But I assume you also think none of these show faith in the studio or the game? lol.

I mean, really. The person said he feels only Sony has faith in Insomniac nowadays, I simply pointed out MS must also have faith in them because of Sunset Overdrive. There's no reason for you to take such issue with that :)

Aeolus451 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

It has nothing to do with faith. Perhaps MS didn't "allow" anything. It was just a part of that deal between MS and Insomniac. Just how sony doesn't own No Man's Sky but covered the marketing of it for exclusivity. 

Except Insomniac said they talked to multiple publishers and talks broke down with many because of them wanting to keep the IP. Microsoft, though, was fine with letting them keep it. But hey maybe you guys are right, Microsoft will fund the game, market the heck out of it, and launch a bundle just for the game and all with 0 faith :)

Around the Network
Ali_16x said:
Pinkie_pie said:
Spiderman has the potential to sell 10 million so right now they will just focus on making spiderman

No it doesn't -.-

Yes it does and it will

Wouldn't be shocked if Insomniac pretty much become PS exclusive against because that is where they have found most success

Pinkie_pie said:
Ali_16x said:

No it doesn't -.-

Yes it does and it will

😅  You were playing the waiting game!

melbye said:
Wouldn't be shocked if Insomniac pretty much become PS exclusive against because that is where they have found most success

That'd suck for Xbox and PC users tbh.

I'd rather Insomniac find another publisher that isn't the big 3. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Sunset Overdrive was great. But yeah I think Insomniac should stick to a sequel for Spider-Man atm or try their hand at another super hero IP. Please don't let it batman though

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick