By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Neo Could Be 5.5tf ($399 - $599)

LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:

Curiously enough we had a lot of Xbox fans saying that X360 was stronger because multiplats were better on the first years and that the power gap this gen was almost zero.

Don't remember lots of people saying that :)

MP games did tend to look better on 360 last gen but only because of the difficulty with PS3. Something exclusive studios did not have to worry about. That's also why last gen some Sony games looked way better than what most third parties achieved.

Regardless of how you want to qualify it, the facts remain. PS3/4 have power advantages, and a dev spending years making games for one platform will utilize said platform better than a majority of teams who have to build for multiple platforms :)

So your memory is quite bad for the last decade or so. But ok I can't demand that you remember what people say right?

And I do agree about the difficulty, funny enough there were even people that were adamant that Sony 1st party looked better than MS 1st party last gen.

Yes I do agree that there is a power advantage.

Pemalite said:
DonFerrari said:

Curiously enough we had a lot of Xbox fans saying that X360 was stronger because multiplats were better on the first years and that the power gap this gen was almost zero.

Let's be honest. The difference was inconsiquentual in the end.

Intrinsic said:

Come on Gribb let em have their fun. In the world of forums onky rumors that suit ones hopes and expectations counts as credible. If someone else came and released a rumor (hell it could very well be me) that the Neo is gonna be a 2.5TF console instead and have a separate chip for 4k upscaling, just watch as some poeple will eat that up.

I didnt even bother the first time in this very thread that i saw somone use a rumor to discredit another rumor lol. 

What would be the point in having a seperate chip for upscaling? All AMD GPU's have that functionality built in these days.

MP differences on PS360? Sure, from the 3rd year and forward they were irrelevant (on the 2 first years there were severe issues on PS3 MPs). Between PS4 and X1 for some people the difference isn't inconsequential, but I would agree that for most gamers it was.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Ariakon said:

I don't believe this. There is no way that Sony would ever make a reveal with $599 again. The entire success of the PS4 was about learning from their mistakes with the PS3. 

EDIT: Oh, it's from Proelite. He's not an insider, he's just a regular poster on Neogaf. 

Even at 5.5tf, I think the Neo will still be 399. I think people are putting too much stock into the tf number when it comes to estimating the price of the machine. 

NobleTeam360 said:
Ariakon said:

I don't believe this. There is no way that Sony would ever make a reveal with $599 again. The entire success of the PS4 was about learning from their mistakes with the PS3. 

EDIT: Oh, it's from Proelite. He's not an insider, he's just a regular poster on Neogaf. 

Even at 5.5tf, I think the Neo will still be 399. I think people are putting too much stock into the tf number when it comes to estimating the price of the machine. 

The bold is certainly true. Though Sony is also supposed to be upgrading the CPU and memory in this newer model (more than just overclocking) so I imagine it will end up being $499.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Some people seem desperate for this to be wrong ... Just saying.

The PS5 Exists. 

Pemalite said:
DonFerrari said:

Intrinsic said:

Come on Gribb let em have their fun. In the world of forums onky rumors that suit ones hopes and expectations counts as credible. If someone else came and released a rumor (hell it could very well be me) that the Neo is gonna be a 2.5TF console instead and have a separate chip for 4k upscaling, just watch as some poeple will eat that up.

I didnt even bother the first time in this very thread that i saw somone use a rumor to discredit another rumor lol. 

What would be the point in having a seperate chip for upscaling? All AMD GPU's have that functionality built in these days

you missed the point of what i was saying. My point was that no matter how stupid something is, or how baseless.... if the rumor suits what someone wants to hesr they will believe it and denounce everything else. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Some people seem desperate for this to be wrong ... Just saying.

I hate this "some people"-posting attitude.

Be concrete and talk to these guys and address what you think is wrong with their attitude or even prove them wrong. Otherwise, this is just an unnecessary post, in my opinion. 

Also, there is a difference between people being desperate for this to be wrong and to criticize what the whole thread is based on. Even Osiris took the 55.tf value back.

Btw, are you desperate for being right on that case?

Just asking.

walsufnir said:

I hate this "some people"-posting attitude.

Be concrete and talk to these guys and address what you think is wrong with their attitude or even prove them wrong. Otherwise, this is just an unnecessary post, in my opinion. 

Also, there is a difference between people being desperate for this to be wrong and to criticize what the whole thread is based on. Even Osiris took the 55.tf value back.

Btw, are you desperate for being right on that case?

Just asking.

I'm hoping it's right, of course. It would be absolutely stupid for me not to. Being desparate that it's wrong is a completely different mind set.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Consider this: If Sony release the Neo (lower spec version) and simply refer to it as a slim, pricing it exactly the same as the current PS4s, phase out the current PS4s, then that leaves the door open for another PS4 to compete with the Scorpio. The only difference would be that the PS4 slim would be more powerful than the XB1 slim making it a far more attractive proposition until the the end of next year. I can see them doing this.

Do you think a power difference between a ps4 slim and xbone slim is important ? Ps4 vanilla is already seen as more powerful than the xbox.

And a better slim won't see any graphic improvement since it'il be restricted by the vanilla specs. They won't ask dev to make graphic patches for a neo and a neo+.

Maybe there will be 2 new ps4 but i can't see the weakest one be anything else than a refreshing model.

Flouff said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Consider this: If Sony release the Neo (lower spec version) and simply refer to it as a slim, pricing it exactly the same as the current PS4s, phase out the current PS4s, then that leaves the door open for another PS4 to compete with the Scorpio. The only difference would be that the PS4 slim would be more powerful than the XB1 slim making it a far more attractive proposition until the the end of next year. I can see them doing this.

Do you think a power difference between a ps4 slim and xbone slim is important ? Ps4 vanilla is already seen as more powerful than the xbox.

And a better slim won't see any graphic improvement since it'il be restricted by the vanilla specs. They won't ask dev to make graphic patches for a neo and a neo+.

Maybe there will be 2 new ps4 but i can't see the weakest one be anything else than a refreshing model.

The Xbox One slim gets a few graphics enhancements. (HDR).
Sony could tread that same path.

DonFerrari said:
Pemalite said:

What would be the point in having a seperate chip for upscaling? All AMD GPU's have that functionality built in these days.

MP differences on PS360? Sure, from the 3rd year and forward they were irrelevant (on the 2 first years there were severe issues on PS3 MPs). Between PS4 and X1 for some people the difference isn't inconsequential, but I would agree that for most gamers it was.

The differences were so small that people needed images to compare the minute details.
It's not a gap like what we have between PC and Console or the differences between the Wii U, Xbox One and Playstation 4.

At no point during that entire generation did the "Power of the Cell" show it's "power" in any great or meaningful way over the Xbox 360.

And it's certainly not like today where you can see readily apparant differences between the Xbox One and Playstation 4 either, which is mostly attributed to resolution, giving Xbox One games a blurrier or more aliased image.

Intrinsic said:
Pemalite said:

What would be the point in having a seperate chip for upscaling? All AMD GPU's have that functionality built in these days

you missed the point of what i was saying. My point was that no matter how stupid something is, or how baseless.... if the rumor suits what someone wants to hesr they will believe it and denounce everything else. 

Well. If someone was knowledgable in hardware, they would know better. :P But not everyone is so proactive in keeping up with technology.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

walsufnir said:

Holy shit, proelite is now an insider? This game me a good laugh.

What I am wondering is that if power is not that huge of a deal and doesn't translate into sales, why would they even consider an upgrade?

Scorpio will release later so it will be more powerful. If Sony thinks they have to keep the power gap as close as possible, then they actually care for the power difference which makes people saying that it isn't important look somewhat off.

Good thing people ≠ sony.

I for one has always lesned towards the power side of things. Now that that i believe its necesary to have the most powerful box on the market, i do believe its necesary to have parity. And if the differemce between consoles is as little as 10% then you have parity. But with a 40-50% difference you have a power gap. 

Contrary to what whoever is saying here, sony and Ms know this too. Hence why i have always said that there isn't a chance that both sony and Ms go to the same supplier and sony comes oit with a system that is 50% weaker than the scorpio especially considering the position they are at right now. All for what? to come out a year earlier? They don't even need to do that.