By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Neo Could Be 5.5tf ($399 - $599)

LudicrousSpeed said:
Bandorr said:

Are you intentionally adding the ":)" to all sentences you are condescending to people - or is that just a habit you've developed without realizing it?

I can just look at the end of your statements and tell which are actually attempts to help, and which others are just talking downt o someone.

Heck that post is a great example. Condescending -> serious -> condescending.

Saves me time - now whenever reading what you write, I can just skip to the statements that are actually serious, and not-so-subtle attempts at baiting someone.

They are smilies, friend. Looks like someone needs a Coke and a smile :)

Lol, you just proved his point....

Around the Network

Its ok, he's allowed to have a point but still be wrong :)

Consider this: If Sony release the Neo (lower spec version) and simply refer to it as a slim, pricing it exactly the same as the current PS4s, phase out the current PS4s, then that leaves the door open for another PS4 to compete with the Scorpio. The only difference would be that the PS4 slim would be more powerful than the XB1 slim making it a far more attractive proposition until the the end of next year. I can see them doing this.

The PS5 Exists. 

It's interesting seeing the same people saying the gap meant nothing between the PS4 and XBO are now pumping up the Scorpio because it is rumored to be more powerful than the Neo. It'll be hilarious if Sony does get the Neo up to 5.5 Tflops, and they still boast, even though the gap is much smaller. Especially if MS is rounding up from 5.8 Tflops.

Of course, there are 3 big things working against Scorpio. One, these are only upgraded systems, without their own exclusives, so devs are only going to be pushing them so much. It also means neither console is going to change the course of this gen. Two, the XBO no longer has exclusives, with their games being released on PC, too. This will dramatically decrease the need to purchase it. The PS4 still has exclusives, which is one of the biggest reasons to purchase a console. And three, all rumors are pointing to Sony getting their console out 8-12 months ahead of the Scorpio. That kind of head start is going to make a pretty big difference. Especially if Sony can cut the price by $50 when the Scorpio finally arrives.

DonFerrari said:

Curiously enough we had a lot of Xbox fans saying that X360 was stronger because multiplats were better on the first years and that the power gap this gen was almost zero.

Let's be honest. The difference was inconsiquentual in the end.

Intrinsic said:
GribbleGrunger said:

He's not fake. That article is taking information from the insider, not the other way around.

Come on Gribb let em have their fun. In the world of forums onky rumors that suit ones hopes and expectations counts as credible. If someone else came and released a rumor (hell it could very well be me) that the Neo is gonna be a 2.5TF console instead and have a separate chip for 4k upscaling, just watch as some poeple will eat that up.

I didnt even bother the first time in this very thread that i saw somone use a rumor to discredit another rumor lol. 

What would be the point in having a seperate chip for upscaling? All AMD GPU's have that functionality built in these days.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

What hepend with 4TF!?

Bandorr said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Don't remember lots of people saying that :)

MP games did tend to look better on 360 last gen but only because of the difficulty with PS3. Something exclusive studios did not have to worry about. That's also why last gen some Sony games looked way better than what most third parties achieved.

Regardless of how you want to qualify it, the facts remain. PS3/4 have power advantages, and a dev spending years making games for one platform will utilize said platform better than a majority of teams who have to build for multiple platforms :)

Are you intentionally adding the ":)" to all sentences you are condescending to people - or is that just a habit you've developed without realizing it?

I can just look at the end of your statements and tell which are actually attempts to help, and which others are just talking downt o someone.

Heck that post is a great example. Condescending -> serious -> condescending.

Saves me time - now whenever reading what you write, I can just skip to the statements that are actually serious, and not-so-subtle attempts at baiting someone.

Don't worry about Ludicrous, it's got to the point that nobody takes him serious anymore. Most of his posts contain no substance and a MS level of twisting. 

User was warned for this post ~ CGI

599 US Dollars what the fuck!?

I will buy it for 499e, but 599e? That's Ps3 price levels Jesus fucking christ. 

Holy shit, proelite is now an insider? This game me a good laugh.

What I am wondering is that if power is not that huge of a deal and doesn't translate into sales, why would they even consider an upgrade?

Scorpio will release later so it will be more powerful. If Sony thinks they have to keep the power gap as close as possible, then they actually care for the power difference which makes people saying that it isn't important look somewhat off.

walsufnir said:

Holy shit, proelite is now an insider? This gave me a good laugh.

I think the correct expression is "Attention Whore", same for the other "Insiders" on NeoGaf.

It is really amazing to see how the specs of the PS4 Neo have been increasing basically by the hour, as soon as the RX480 specs were (more or less) revealed and MS announced the specs of their next XBox (which at this time are just pr numbers, I doubt MS really knows where their machine is going to end up).

I hope nobody is too much disappointed when the Neo ends up at 4.2TF (as an original leak pretended). That seems to have been a reasonable target the box was designed for and I'm sure Sony's engineers know why they ended up with those (originally leaked) specs.