By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Neo Could Be 5.5tf ($399 - $599)

Lawlight said:
Could it be that the fake insider copied the news from this:

http://www.gamepur.com/feature/23392-sources-ps4-neo-offers-55tf-performance-ridiculously-expensive-possible.html

He's not fake. That article is taking information from the insider, not the other way around.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Lawlight said:
Could it be that the fake insider copied the news from this:

http://www.gamepur.com/feature/23392-sources-ps4-neo-offers-55tf-performance-ridiculously-expensive-possible.html

He's not fake. That article is taking information from the insider, not the other way around.

Come on Gribb let em have their fun. In the world of forums onky rumors that suit ones hopes and expectations counts as credible. If someone else came and released a rumor (hell it could very well be me) that the Neo is gonna be a 2.5TF console instead and have a separate chip for 4k upscaling, just watch as some poeple will eat that up.

I didnt even bother the first time in this very thread that i saw somone use a rumor to discredit another rumor lol. 

Intrinsic said:

Come on Gribb let em have their fun. In the world of forums onky rumors that suit ones hopes and expectations counts as credible. If someone else came and released a rumor (hell it could very well be me) that the Neo is gonna be a 2.5TF console instead and have a separate chip for 4k upscaling, just watch as some poeple will eat that up.

I didnt even bother the first time in this very thread that i saw somone use a rumor to discredit another rumor lol. 

I refuse to let people have fun! The annoying thing is that Sony are evaluating which version to go with and so once they've chosen someone is bound to say 'I thought there was two versions? So much for insiders'. You know it'll happen ...

The PS5 Exists. 

Osirisblack was the first one to leak Playstation Neo, so I wouldn't doubt him.

LordLichtenstein said:
jason1637 said:

The Neo are for those that want to upgrade and im pretty sure Sony would want people who don't have a PS4 to get a neo over the basic one they have now.

This is how I see it.

Playstation 4 are for those who have yet to enter Playstation's ecosystem, while Neo are for the existing Playstation 4 owners looking for an upgrade.

$299 and $499 are entirely justifiable if you ask me.

I agree and think that's what we'll see as well.

Anything over $499 means that you (gamers) are better off building a PC, especially when you consider that even mid-range parts and a $600-700 budget will get you a rock solid PC that will give you an improved performance over any console for the next 5-6 years.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Slade6alpha said:

It'll count cause they co-developed it or whatever...  

Sony also owns the IP.

But having your IP owned by them doesn't really make you a Sony first-party studio. It just means the game rights belong to Sony, not to the company that developed it.

jrb363 said:

Anything over $499 means that you (gamers) are better off building a PC, especially when you consider that even mid-range parts and a $600-700 budget will get you a rock solid PC that will give you an improved performance over any console for the next 5-6 years.

I don't know where that kinda thinking comes from, but its wrong. Thats just not how console to PC hardware works.

Always, at all times a console will always have the advanatage when it comes to its price to performance ratio ober everything else. So if a $400 console is released, for that complete package it will always be impossible to build a PC from the ground up that can match the console in performance. At that same price. And at the time you can build a PC for $400 that can match the console package the console will cost less than $300. So its always cheaper just buying a console than building a PC as powerful as said console. Thats the whole point of consoles.

When the Neo is released, and say its released for $500. It will be coming with a $200 GPU,  a God knows what proced CPU, HDD, Bluray drive.....etc. And an OS. Oh and a controller. Basically, all you need to go is in one box. Good luck building a PC from scratch and spend no more than $500 to achieve what the Neo can do at the same price. And what happens when the prices fall and u can build a PC for $500 as powerful as a neo? yup, the neo will probably cost like $350 then; Brand new. Then i could say to you good luck building a PC that costs $350. 

A 5.5tf PS4k for $600 would be fine with me. Wouldn't buy it till it became the baseline in a few years at ~$400, but it would be nice to have the new LCD that high.

Intrinsic said:
jrb363 said:

I don't know where that kinda thinking comes from, but its wrong. Thats just not how console to PC hardware works.

Always, at all times a console will always have the advanatage when it comes to its price to performance ratio ober everything else. So if a $400 console is released, for that complete package it will always be impossible to build a PC from the ground up that can match the console in performance. At that same price. And at the time you can build a PC for $400 that can match the console package the console will cost less than $300. So its always cheaper just buying a console than building a PC as powerful as said console. Thats the whole point of consoles.

When the Neo is released, and say its released for $500. It will be coming with a $200 GPU,  a God knows what proced CPU, HDD, Bluray drive.....etc. And an OS. Oh and a controller. Basically, all you need to go is in one box. Good luck building a PC from scratch and spend no more than $500 to achieve what the Neo can do at the same price. And what happens when the prices fall and u can build a PC for $500 as powerful as a neo? yup, the neo will probably cost like $350 then; Brand new. Then i could say to you good luck building a PC that costs $350. 

This. Is Sony sold a $1,000 console it would still hold a price to performance advantage over a PC, because it would cost more than $1,000 to build a PC that had the same specs, and even more to build one that would run games as well, due to the consoles dedicated nature.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

TallSilhouette said:
A 5.5tf PS4k for $600 would be fine with me. Wouldn't buy it till it became the baseline in a few years at ~$400, but it would be nice to have the new LCD that high.

It would be fine with me as well, but I really doubt it would be fine for the market and publicity. If Sony (or Microsoft for that matter) tries to release one of these suckers at $600 they can expect it to meet with the same reception the PS3 did back in 2006. Calling it a "premium" product might stem the anger a bit, but I doubt it would do that much.