By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Don't forget Steam Summer Sale is starting today!

JEMC said:
How's the Sale going for you? And what about the badge, have you made it? (I know that you have it Conina )

Summer Picnic Lvl 6 7, working on Lvl 7 8 ;)

So far I bought

• €3.59 - The Last Door: Season 2
  • €3.99 - Nekopara Vol. 1
  • €1.24 - The Room
  • €4.99 - Heaven's Hope
  • €4.99 - Sakura Swim Club
  • €3.09 - HuniePop
  • €2.71 - BioShock Triple Pack*

So around €25 so far (minus ~€10 for some sold backgrounds + trading cards).

The best way to browse through the deals is via SteamDB: https://steamdb.info/sales/?merged=true&min_discount=60&min_rating=90

You can adjust the minimal discount and minimal ratings by slider, add tags (f.e. genres) and sort the result by clicking on one of the headings. You can also hide games you already own, if you log in.

* I already had BioShock 2 + Infinite on Steam, so I got a discount for BioShock 1 by chosing the Triple Pack. Now I'm set up for the free Remastered-upgrade: http://www.vgchartz.com/article/264892/owners-of-bioshock-or-bioshock-2-on-steam-get-remastered-version-free/

Around the Network
Conina said:
JEMC said:
How's the Sale going for you? And what about the badge, have you made it? (I know that you have it Conina )

* I already had BioShock 2 + Infinite on Steam, so I got a discount for BioShock 1 by chosing the Triple Pack. Now I'm set up for the free Remastered-upgrade: http://www.vgchartz.com/article/264892/owners-of-bioshock-or-bioshock-2-on-steam-get-remastered-version-free/

Are you sure? Don't you also need Minerva's Den, the DLC for Bioshock 2?

And are we eligible if we buy any of the games after the remaster upgrade promotion was announced?

I'm gonna level my badge to lvl 6 then I'll stop. The level 6 one looks sweet. @JEMC, I'll let you know if I have any excess cards beyond that, maybe we can trade.

Slimebeast said:
Conina said:

Are you sure? Don't you also need Minerva's Den, the DLC for Bioshock 2?

And are we eligible if we buy any of the games after the remaster upgrade promotion was announced?

According to Steam, I also have Minerva's Den:

If I remember correctly, you get that DLC for free when you redeem the retail version of BioShock 2 at Steam (just enter the reg key of the retail version in Steam), because they moved their DRM from GfWL to SteamWorks.

Edit: Yeah, Minerva's Den was (is?) free: http://www.pcgamer.com/bioshock-2-moves-to-steamworks-minervas-den-dlc-on-steam-and-free-for-existing-owners/

Teeqoz said:
I'm gonna level my badge to lvl 6 then I'll stop. The level 6 one looks sweet. @JEMC, I'll let you know if I have any excess cards beyond that, maybe we can trade.

Yeah, I wanted to settle once at level 42 and then at level 69... now I'm targeting level 100 to keep it there. ;)

Around the Network

s**t, I totally forgot about them, now the postal office is closed and I can't put money on my credit card, I hope I can make it on monday, I need Hyper Light Drifter in my life RIGHT NOW

Conina said:
Teeqoz said:

Yeah, I wanted to settle once at level 42 and then at level 69... now I'm targeting level 100. ;)

How much are you gonna spend to buy cards? xD

with 100x10 cards at 5 cents a piece, that's ... 50$ for trading cards haha. How often do you get booster packs? Your Steam level must be insane.

EDIT: are you talking about badge level or Steam profile level? I meant badge level. :-3 My Steam profile level is a measly 16.

Teeqoz said:
Conina said:

Yeah, I wanted to settle once at level 42 and then at level 69... now I'm targeting level 100. ;)

How much are you gonna spend to buy cards? xD

with 100x10 cards at 5 cents a piece, that's ... 50$ for trading cards haha. How often do you get booster packs? Your Steam level must be insane.

It is a wash or a small profit. I sell most of the expensive* trading cards (except from games I like very much) granted by playing / free booster packs and buy the cheap stuff. I reckon, I get around 30 free booster packs per year. 

*if there is an anime girl pictured, chances are good that you can sell them for €0,20 to €1 ;)

With the "Enhanced Steam" browser plugin, you get a quick overview, how expensive it is, to complete a set. And if you have f.e. half of the cards and the completion is over 2 €, you know that you can sell the haldf you already have also for over 2 €... so you don't have to check the price of every single item in your Steam inventory:

Teeqoz said:

EDIT: are you talking about badge level or Steam profile level? I meant badge level. :-3 My Steam profile level is a measly 16.

Sorry, I was confused. I'm targeting Steam level 100, not Summer Badge level 100!

Conina said:
Teeqoz said:

Sorry, I was confused. I'm targeting Steam level 100, not Summer Badge level 100!

Haha, yeah, that makes more sense (but it seems like at least an equally daunting task). Once you reach your target level of 100 though, you'll probably receive enough booster packs to fund quite a few games per year without having to actually spend a dime. I'll check out that plugin too!