By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Misleading Xbox One Slim image on Amazon

CosmicSex said:
pokoko said:

Xbox.com image

This is actually pretty crappy, now that I think about it.  

Um, what behemoth are tgey comparing it to?

A windows10 PC on its side.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Low78wagon said:
How do we know the actual photo on bottom isn't photoshopped? I'm not trying to help them out but what is that photo from?

Google will help you with that. There are planty of comparisons out there

Puppyroach said:
My guess s that they include the Power brick in the size for the XBox one.

Is the Power Brick a petrol generator? 

GribbleGrunger said:
Yeah, I was discussing this with my son the other day. That's not a 'small' exaggeration.

and if it was a mistake it would of been taken down. They have probably exploited some loophole to allow them to do this.

SWORDF1SH said:

and if it was a mistake it would of been taken down. They have probably exploited some loophole to allow them to do this.

I don't see what loophole that can be. This is just straight up false advertising. They're selling the slim based on the fact it's smaller and so the picture should be accurate.

The PS5 Exists. 

You have to add the power brick which is big enough. Since the S includes it the console takes less space. They should've shown the brick when they first revealed the S size comparison. I think it's quite misleading but nothing to get upset about.

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
Low78wagon said:
How do we know the actual photo on bottom isn't photoshopped? I'm not trying to help them out but what is that photo from?

Google will help you with that. There are planty of comparisons out there

Puppyroach said:
My guess s that they include the Power brick in the size for the XBox one.

It the Power Brick a petrol generator? 

Perhaps they're including the % of the power station required to power the console... and your TV, because that image in OP is just not right at all, the smaller unit inside the wireframe is closer in size to the PS2slim than the Xone-S model.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

WTF xD

GribbleGrunger said:
SWORDF1SH said:

I don't see what loophole that can be. This is just straight up false advertising. They're selling the slim based on the fact it's smaller and so the picture should be accurate.

Like others have mentioned, it looks like the have taken 40% off each dimension intead of total volume. This means that the image is showing an 80% reduction in volume. MS might use an excuse and claim miscommunication within the company but anybody at MS with eyes can see this image is wrong. If there isn't a loophole they are just waiting to get a slap on the wrist and remove the images but of course by then they wont be worried.

lol'd if you take the image in the wireframe in the OP and compare the size of the blu ray drive with the actual size of the drive on the Xone it is clear that the Xbox-s would only be able to take disks around the size of the GC games.

Like... it's less than half the size of a DVD shaped disk.

SWORDF1SH said:

Like others have mentioned, it looks like the have taken 40% off each dimension intead of total volume. This means that the image is showing an 80% reduction in volume. MS might use an excuse and claim miscommunication within the company but anybody at MS with eyes can see this image is wrong. If there isn't a loophole they are just waiting to get a slap on the wrist and remove the images but of course by then they wont be worried.

They'll do just that.

The PS5 Exists.