By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Misleading Xbox One Slim image on Amazon

pokoko said:
That's ... interesting. I wonder who is responsible for that? The length is especially egregious.

Maybe they mean "with Kinect sitting on top of it." That would be bad but also kind of funny.

i remember that image from the E3 conference as it was announced.

39 minutes and 31 seconds.

Around the Network

I took the image from the OP and the image Pokoko posted from xbox.com. I moved the xbox one s from the OP image to be central like the xbox.com image and then overlayed it... the difference is pretty substantial.

Its probably because its actually about 40% smaller in volume, than the Xbox One.
The "PR" guys that did the image, probably just assumed it was 40% smaller in size (length, height).

But yeah its abit misleading that picture.

Hiku said:
Ah, I just saw that image earlier today and believed it. That's weird, why did they do that?

To sell you more stuff, its just a PR move.

The problem is MS already has so much weird PR communication stuff, like the mixed messaging ect.

They really dont need to come off looking untrustworthy or misleading, they do that far too often already.

shikamaru317 said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Just 40% less in volume is really little, considering the OG XBone is already a beast of a console in size. Thiis gen's consoles are huge, except for the WiiU, which sends the size excess to the controller. XD

Yeah, 40% by volume makes it a bit smaller than PS4 I think. From what I can tell XB1 S is wider and thicker than PS4, but nowhere near as long/deep.

It's actually 20% larger than the PS4 based on the quoted 40% smaller volume for XB1 and the external dimensions of the XB1 and PS4 (which from a volume perspective is actually more in the PS4's favour due to its trapezoidal shape). 

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

That was a nice idea, shows pretty well the difference.

This might be a little easier, by moving the box down maintaing scale and taking the top off to have the same perspective we can see the difference between the actual size of the original XBO and how big the original XBO is in the advertising.

Hmm. Very Misleading but looks better than my huge cinderblock xbone. Think about the ps4 with just an external psu. Tiny

The best part is that misleading image is ripped straight from the Xbone S announcement video! It looks like they either took 40% each dimension or switched it and made it 40% the volume of the Xbone rather than 40% less volume. Either way, crappy move.

Darwinianevolution said:
Just 40% less in volume is really little, considering the OG XBone is already a beast of a console in size. Thiis gen's consoles are huge, except for the WiiU, which sends the size excess to the controller. XD

I lol'd. Hard... 

My guess s that they include the Power brick in the size for the XBox one.