By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Misleading Xbox One Slim image on Amazon

Wow, that is not a small difference. That is not good at all.

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Around the Network
poklane said:
Looks like the misleading picture has the XB1s 40% smaller in each dimension (length, width and height)

shikamaru317 said:

The problem seems to be that they're showing it as 40% smaller in each dimension (length, width, and height), when it's actually 40% smaller by volume. Microsoft actually announced that it's 40% smaller by volume, maybe the marketing team didn't get that memo

Yes, 40% smaller volume means, if they shrank it uniformly, little less than 16% smaller along each axis.

Maybe for a PR CV creative maths is valued more than real maths.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

SWORDF1SH said:
DonFerrari said:

You certainly talking about MS tentative to mislead customer right?

Well, you could also buy a power supply or nobreak =p ... and if they can put 40% reduction unidimensional, why wouldn't they imply that it's smaller than launch edition Xbox (that did include Kinect)? If they want to mislead, they can do it in a lot of ways.

lol you're right. Why did I even question they wouldn't do that?

Because you act in good faith

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Who ever made this image must have thought the Slim is 40% the size of the original XB1 not 40% smaller

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:
Who ever made this image must have thought the Slim is 40% the size of the original XB1 not 40% smaller

Could be... some guys confound % of, when talking about reduction/increase or total in comparison.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Porcupine_I said:

Could be... some guys confound % of, when talking about reduction/increase or total in comparison.

My best guess is that the Slim is being pictured against the day 1 xbox one with kinect and power brick

I did some of the math using a ruler and some of the pictures below. The outline they are comparing it to is 2 inches less wide than the box the x1 came in, and a hair shy of two inches less tall than the box. Given that two inches is just about the amount of room you'd get on all sides of a box for protective foam and packing things, they're basically including everything that came in the original box.

theprof00 said:
DonFerrari said:

My best guess is that the Slim is being pictured against the day 1 xbox one with kinect and power brick

I did some of the math using a ruler and some of the pictures below. The outline they are comparing it to is 2 inches less wide than the box the x1 came in, and a hair shy of two inches less tall than the box. Given that two inches is just about the amount of room you'd get on all sides of a box for protective foam and packing things, they're basically including everything that came in the original box.

Maybe they're just including the X1... in the original box?

Also if you are doing that with a ruler, seriously, do it to the disk slot, and compare how small a disk would go in that slim model, will make you lol.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

cpg716 said:
Danman27 said:
I remember when I saw that at the press conference, and it said "40% smaller" good misleading advertising there...
Also, does it only have one usb port, or are there more on the back?

2 in the back. one in the front.. USB ports.

Oh ok. 

theprof00 said:
DonFerrari said:

Would be great if they are comparing Xbox S with the box of the Xbox One Day One Edition