By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who here watches Anime? And if so who watches GINTAMA

So do you?

Yes and I love it. 19 43.18%

Watched it but didn't like it. 2 4.55%

Yes, the best ever. 8 18.18%

No, but heard of it. 14 31.82%

No never heard of it. 1 2.27%

Don't watch any anime. 0 0%

Total:44

Gintama is a series I can't get into it. Too random. I've watch up to 60 episodes now and can't laugh about it. People say it is getting better, but I don't see it.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network
Peh said:
Gintama is a series I can't get into it. Too random. I've watch up to 60 episodes now and can't laugh about it. People say it is getting better, but I don't see it.

If you are 60 episodes in and didn't like it then its not for you. So which anime do you like?

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Eagle367 said:
drdante said:

Lol gintama is one of my favorite animes of all time. The humor is hilarious, the story is getting better and better. Even the animation is top notch.

I like to dig deeper into Gintoki's past when the alien attacks and how he got the title "white yaksha". 

I also surprised of Katsura's true fighting potential, which later revealed that he was the leader of the four of them.

I have watched all Gintama animes till the latest one, watched all their movies and right now reading manga the the anime left off.

My favorite arc would be Yoshiwara arc, best fights ever. The most hilarious arc would be Elizabeth Arc. I can't stop laughing from beginning till end, pure gold!

Truly magnificent. I liked the Shogun Assassination arc the best but all the arcs are so top notched that I might give a different answer later. The comedy and the feels are all ultra high and I am also reading the manga right now. I would like for them to go through shoyo's story of how he became immortal and also gintoki's childhood. Who is your favorite character by the way?

Apparently Shoyo is the remnant of extincted race who were more superior than Amanto race. I don't wanna spoil much.....you'll find out later

My favorite character used to be Gintoki but after further reading manga my new favorite is Katsura Kotaro. He can be fucking badass when he gets serious.

drdante said:
Eagle367 said:

Truly magnificent. I liked the Shogun Assassination arc the best but all the arcs are so top notched that I might give a different answer later. The comedy and the feels are all ultra high and I am also reading the manga right now. I would like for them to go through shoyo's story of how he became immortal and also gintoki's childhood. Who is your favorite character by the way?

Apparently Shoyo is the remnant of extincted race who were more superior than Amanto race. I don't wanna spoil much.....you'll find out later

My favorite character used to be Gintoki but after further reading manga my new favorite is Katsura Kotaro. He can be fucking badass when he gets serious.

Mine is zura as well. I read the many up to first disciple. Yes I know something like that like with kagura's mother but what makes him tick and his childhood is what I am interested in.

Looks like I ain't anime enough to be worthy of this thread but I'll post anyway.

I've watched Naruto, Bleach, DMC, DBZ, One Punch Man and AoT.

I know it's not anime, but I consider them very similar due to their quality. I loved the new and original Thunder Cats, Ulysses 31, Saber Riders and Defenders of the Earth.

I started to watch One Piece but didn't get past the first season. Nothing against the anime, it's just that I can't be bothered to skip the openings every time for an episode that's only 15 minutes long if you cut the crap out.

I'm looking for a new series to watch, just haven't got around to figure out which one. I like binge watching a season at a time and as for my taste, I like anything that's good - comedy, action, samurai, ninja, martial arts, detective, fantasy or sci-fi.

Around the Network

Anyone watch "Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu" ?

Its about a guy, that "dies" wakes up in a alternate reality (it looks like a fantasy game), so hes playing it cool, thinking hes just in some fantasy land. Well that place is dangerous, so he dies, only to go back in time, to when he was still alive (a few days before), with the knowledge of how he died.

He grows attacted to people there, and makes it his quest to save a girl, that was destined to die.

Highly recammendable anime.

Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

^ go watch it if you havnt seen it.

Fei-Hung said:
Looks like I ain't anime enough to be worthy of this thread but I'll post anyway.

I've watched Naruto, Bleach, DMC, DBZ, One Punch Man and AoT.

I know it's not anime, but I consider them very similar due to their quality. I loved the new and original Thunder Cats, Ulysses 31, Saber Riders and Defenders of the Earth.

I started to watch One Piece but didn't get past the first season. Nothing against the anime, it's just that I can't be bothered to skip the openings every time for an episode that's only 15 minutes long if you cut the crap out.

I'm looking for a new series to watch, just haven't got around to figure out which one. I like binge watching a season at a time and as for my taste, I like anything that's good - comedy, action, samurai, ninja, martial arts, detective, fantasy or sci-fi.

Then watch Gintama or Tokyo ghoul or joker game or Kiznaiver or tanaka-kun. Definitely watch gintama. Also there is this great tennis anime called Baby Steps.

All the anime you listed are pretty mainstream but search for smaller seasonal anime some of which are much better although smaller. Check out animeflavor.me or animeshow.tv for all your anime goodness. And I can't stress enough watch gintama

JRPGfan said:

Anyone watch "Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu" ?

Its about a guy, that "dies" wakes up in a alternate reality (it looks like a fantasy game), so hes playing it cool, thinking hes just in some fantasy land. Well that place is dangerous, so he dies, only to go back in time, to when he was still alive (a few days before), with the knowledge of how he died.

He grows attacted to people there, and makes it his quest to save a girl, that was destined to die.

Highly recammendable anime.

Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

^ go watch it if you havnt seen it.

Yes that anime is great but I like Kiznaiver better this season

Eagle367 said:
Peh said:

If you are 60 episodes in and didn't like it then its not for you. So which anime do you like?

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/peh

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Ohayo!

I love what I get from Japan. I don't know what the definition of anime is, but I am a great fan of:

Ghibli Studio creations: Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Hauru Walking Castle, Grave of the fireflies.
Ghost in the shell
GITS: Stand Alone Complex
Akira,
D-Vampire Hunter,
Cyber City Oedo,
AD.Police,

and probably would find a lot more.

I like to be involved in a good story, that resonates in you after watching.

Do you know any good adventure/romance/sci-fi/fantasy/psychology/philosophy anime? I like more serious ones.