By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who here watches Anime? And if so who watches GINTAMA

So do you?

Yes and I love it. 19 43.18%

Watched it but didn't like it. 2 4.55%

Yes, the best ever. 8 18.18%

No, but heard of it. 14 31.82%

No never heard of it. 1 2.27%

Don't watch any anime. 0 0%

Total:44
Peh said:
Gintama is a series I can't get into it. Too random. I've watch up to 60 episodes now and can't laugh about it. People say it is getting better, but I don't see it.

I think it's better if you know the references.  It's not as random when you know where it's coming from, but 60 episodes is better than what most people do when they say they don't like the series.  Most only try 3 or so before giving up.  It's a series where you need to commit at least to the first serious arc before knowing if it really isn't for you (which I think is roughly 30 ep in?).

Around the Network

GINTAMA is one of my favorites. They even do parodies with other animes. Gintoki is awesome.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
MDMAlliance said:
Peh said:
Gintama is a series I can't get into it. Too random. I've watch up to 60 episodes now and can't laugh about it. People say it is getting better, but I don't see it.

I think it's better if you know the references.  It's not as random when you know where it's coming from, but 60 episodes is better than what most people do when they say they don't like the series.  Most only try 3 or so before giving up.  It's a series where you need to commit at least to the first serious arc before knowing if it really isn't for you (which I think is roughly 30 ep in?).

I've went more than double the amount of episodes with One Piece, when I considered for myself that this series goes nowhere. Same with Bleach, but it was also dropped by the studio. And Naruto Shippuuden? The Anime is a dead horse. I've just finished it by reading the Manga, and won't probably bother with it anymore.

These weekly long run anime just got on my nerves. Bad animation quality overall, bad pacing and lots of bad fillers which obviously bring the story nowhere.

Maybe I will continue Gintama for another 10 eps or so. But at the moment... I can't get myself into watching it.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Peh said:
MDMAlliance said:

I've went more than double the amount of episodes with One Piece, when I considered for myself that this series goes nowhere. Same with Bleach, but it was also dropped by the studio. And Naruto Shippuuden? The Anime is a dead horse. I've just finished it by reading the Manga, and won't probably bother with it anymore.

These weekly long run anime just got on my nerves. Bad animation quality overall, bad pacing and lots of bad fillers which obviously bring the story nowhere.

Maybe I will continue Gintama for another 10 eps or so. But at the moment... I can't get myself into watching it.

Well, if you care a lot about a solid story, then Gintama isn't for you.  It may not have a whole bunch of that filler material, but it's more about characters than anything else.  Its comedy is also heavily Japanese-centric, whether it's people, other anime, or the culture itself.  Just going off of what you said, it seems like you want an anime that is well-animated, well-paced, little-to-no filler, and has a good engaging story.  I mean, sounds obvious that people want those things, but I think if you want something like that you're better off going to a 12-24 episode anime, or one that isn't over 100 episodes long.

MDMAlliance said:
Peh said:

Well, if you care a lot about a solid story, then Gintama isn't for you.  It may not have a whole bunch of that filler material, but it's more about characters than anything else.  Its comedy is also heavily Japanese-centric, whether it's people, other anime, or the culture itself.  Just going off of what you said, it seems like you want an anime that is well-animated, well-paced, little-to-no filler, and has a good engaging story.  I mean, sounds obvious that people want those things, but I think if you want something like that you're better off going to a 12-24 episode anime, or one that isn't over 100 episodes long.

And that's what I am doing. 24 episodes are more than enough. If the series is longer, than I can wait one or 2 years for the next season as long the overall quality is good.

Everything that is better than this:

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network
Peh said:
Eagle367 said:

If you are 60 episodes in and didn't like it then its not for you. So which anime do you like?

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/peh

You like All of them?

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Peh said:
MDMAlliance said:

And that's what I am doing. 24 episodes are more than enough. If the series is longer, than I can wait one or 2 years for the next season as long the overall quality is good.

Everything that is better than this:

Classic lazy animation.  Also seen a lot in One Piece.

MDMAlliance said:
Peh said:

But gintama does have a solid story if you have the patience to go through it all. Its story is amazing

Virlando said:
Ohayo!

I love what I get from Japan. I don't know what the definition of anime is, but I am a great fan of:

Ghibli Studio creations: Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Hauru Walking Castle, Grave of the fireflies.
Ghost in the shell
GITS: Stand Alone Complex
Akira,
D-Vampire Hunter,
Cyber City Oedo,
AD.Police,

and probably would find a lot more.

I like to be involved in a good story, that resonates in you after watching.

Do you know any good adventure/romance/sci-fi/fantasy/psychology/philosophy anime? I like more serious ones.

There is death note and Kiznaiver is psychological also concrete revolutio is political and there was this one where people were judged to go to heaven on hell based on a game and that was pretty psychological but don't remember its name

Eagle367 said:
MDMAlliance said:

But gintama does have a solid story if you have the patience to go through it all. Its story is amazing

Sorry, I probably used the wrong word.  I meant more like an anime that has one contiguous story across the episodes, and Gintama clearly does not have that.  The story is scattered across the 300 or so episodes in a similar way to Detective Conan/Case Closed (except better than that).