By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who here watches Anime? And if so who watches GINTAMA

So do you?

Yes and I love it. 19 43.18%

Watched it but didn't like it. 2 4.55%

Yes, the best ever. 8 18.18%

No, but heard of it. 14 31.82%

No never heard of it. 1 2.27%

Don't watch any anime. 0 0%

Total:44

I watch Anime and Gintama is on my list of shows to get around to watching.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
I watch Anime and Gintama is on my list of shows to get around to watching.

Its an amazing anime to watch. Just power through the starting episode as they might not appeal to you but it gets infinitely better afterwards. It just gets better and better

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Versus_Evil said:
Eagle367 said:

Hahahaha. But do you like Gintama?

I don't dislike it, it's not a bad anime by any stretch but I've not watched many episodes. I think I watched a few episodes of season 1, wasn't for me. 

To each their own

But like I said in a previous reply the anime gets infinitely better. It was just finding its stride at the beginning but the worst episodes are in like the first 30 episodes

Eagle367 said:
Versus_Evil said:

I don't dislike it, it's not a bad anime by any stretch but I've not watched many episodes. I think I watched a few episodes of season 1, wasn't for me. 

To each their own

But like I said in a previous reply the anime gets infinitely better. It was just finding its stride at the beginning but the worst episodes are in like the first 30 episodes

So which anime genre do you like and which ones are you watching right now?

Ka-pi96 said:
Eagle367 said:

I also watch Boku no Hero Academia but the others didn't appeal to me. Did watch Tokyo ghoul, concrete revolutio  or stuff like that? How about kznaiver and tanaka-kun wa itsumo kedaurge? What type of anime do you like?

I mainly like stuff with action. Seen and loved Tokyo Ghoul and am currently watching Kiznaiver as well. Haven't seen Concrete Revolutio or Tanaka-kun though, are they good?

Concrete revolutio  has action but is a lot about ideology and is sort of political and confusing so not for everyone. Furthermore a botched ending ruined it for me. Tanaka-kun is about a listless high school student who is so lazy that his friend carries him everywhere. It is light hearted comedy so maybe not for you. You might like concrete revolutio perhaps but I don't think tanaka-kun is for you.

Also there is joker game which is also not action but mystery and it involves a detective agency. Try bungou stray dogs for action.

Around the Network
Versus_Evil said:
Eagle367 said:

So which anime genre do you like and which ones are you watching right now?

Slice of life, comedy and supernatural are my favourite genres.

I'm just watching a few shows from the Spring 2016 line up

Luluco, Anne-Happy, Kiznaiver, Tanaka-Kun, Flying Witch and Re:Zero.

I love tanaka-kun kiznaiver and re:zero. Have you watched the monogatari series? And what about joker game, kuma miko and Bungou stray dogs?

I watch. The past season I've been following Boku no hero academia & Re:zero. I never watched the anime of gintama but I read the manga... it's hilarious and unique

Lol gintama is one of my favorite animes of all time. The humor is hilarious, the story is getting better and better. Even the animation is top notch.

I like to dig deeper into Gintoki's past when the alien attacks and how he got the title "white yaksha". 

I also surprised of Katsura's true fighting potential, which later revealed that he was the leader of the four of them.

I have watched all Gintama animes till the latest one, watched all their movies and right now reading manga the the anime left off.

My favorite arc would be Yoshiwara arc, best fights ever. The most hilarious arc would be Elizabeth Arc. I can't stop laughing from beginning till end, pure gold!

leyendax69 said:
I watch. The past season I've been following Boku no hero academia & Re:zero. I never watched the anime of gintama but I read the manga... it's hilarious and unique

The anime adaptation is one of the best there is watch the anime you'll love it. So which is your favorite character

drdante said:

Lol gintama is one of my favorite animes of all time. The humor is hilarious, the story is getting better and better. Even the animation is top notch.

I like to dig deeper into Gintoki's past when the alien attacks and how he got the title "white yaksha". 

I also surprised of Katsura's true fighting potential, which later revealed that he was the leader of the four of them.

I have watched all Gintama animes till the latest one, watched all their movies and right now reading manga the the anime left off.

My favorite arc would be Yoshiwara arc, best fights ever. The most hilarious arc would be Elizabeth Arc. I can't stop laughing from beginning till end, pure gold!

Truly magnificent. I liked the Shogun Assassination arc the best but all the arcs are so top notched that I might give a different answer later. The comedy and the feels are all ultra high and I am also reading the manga right now. I would like for them to go through shoyo's story of how he became immortal and also gintoki's childhood. Who is your favorite character by the way?