By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Opinion: Gears 4 And Scalebound Don't Look Too Good

Big playstation fan here and I have to say, Gears looked awesome. It was so much better than the first gameplay we got last year. Scalebound on the other hand looked bad. The biggest boss fight ever was big "you serious?!" moment for me after having played other PG games and the combat looked boring.

Around the Network

Gears 4 looked good but some of that banter/dialogue was cringey

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Gears 4 looked nice, better than I expected, of course it's not UC4 scale, but the art and color palette looked intriguing. Shame gameplay is still stuck in 2006.

Scalebound looked awful, very bland level and boss design, but game will have better looking moments like shown last year.

gears looks amazing

Turkish said:
Gears 4 looked nice, better than I expected, of course it's not UC4 scale, but the art and color palette looked intriguing. Shame gameplay is still stuck in 2006.

You just described the entire gaming industry.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Turkish said:

Nah I was describing the state of Gears, when I look at Uncharted the differences are night and day between the 1st and 4th from a gameplay perspective. Gears is still the same, just with a better paint.

Turkish said:
curl-6 said:

Nah I was describing the state of Gears, when I look at Uncharted the differences are night and day between the 1st and 4th from a gameplay perspective. Gears is still the same, just with a better paint.

Gameplay wise, I don't really see anything in Uncharted 4 that hasn't been done in other games since about 2007.

curl-6 said:
Turkish said:

Gameplay wise, I don't really see anything in Uncharted 4 that hasn't been done in other games since about 2007.

Then you probably need to see the eye doctor or get a better telly. Thats all the advice I can give you if you can't tell the difference between and evolution from UC1 to UC4 really.

My god scalebound looks bad....its like kamiya cant create characters that arent Dante. OGs Dantes character in modern games doesnt really work as hes very much a product of the time he was created...this is why everyone is hating Drew in scalebound, he is just awful......Plat really need better writers! Also please take off those stupid headphones with the dubstep!....man i feel old...

I like platnium, there games arent perfect...usually lacking in design, character and story but for the most part have good combat!

Scalebound looks like it has none of that! Super dissapointed.

No comment on Gears 4, not my cup of tea but it does look cool for people that are!

Turkish said:
curl-6 said:

Then you probably need to see the eye doctor or get a better telly. Thats all the advice I can give you if you can't tell the difference between and evolution from UC1 to UC4 really.

Uncharted 4 has epic action setpieces, but so did Modern Warfare 1 and Uncharted 1 in 2007. Uncharted 4 has physics-based destruction, but so did Crysis in 2007. I'm not saying it's not a well made game, I'm just not seeing any drastic evolution in its gameplay.